Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What kind of file are titles?//Solved
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
I know this is the wrong forum for this post because I'm using PD11. However, there has been no response to my post in the Previous Versions Forum on this subject, so I'm trying to find an answer wherever I can.

I've been trying for 2 days to upload a video (from my video camera) that I inserted 2 15-second titles, both with motion - 1 at the begining and one at the end. The only other modification I made was to increase the backlight on 4 clips. No other changes/enhancements.

I then went through the production stage and then selected upload to You Tube. A long time to process. After a total time of close to 4 hours, it always says PD cannot upload.

Currently, I'm in Laos, using WiFi,, 3G (only thing available here) but don't think that would have anything to do with the fails. Right?

I then went to my YT page, clicked on Upload, selected my video, and YT says I'm trying to upload an image file. No images included anywhere in the video.

That's the reason for my question. Are Titles, with motion considered an image file. If not, why is YT telling me that.

I'm at a loss why PD fails to upload every time. I also tried uploading to Face Book but that also failed after 8+ hours.

Any help appreciated and I apologize for this post not being in the correct forum.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 06. 2015 04:01

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you PRODUCE your project to a WMV or MP4 file you should be able to upload to the online sites. You upload that WMV or MP4 not the Project file (pds).

Titles are usually transparent PNG files. So some are images.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2015 20:55

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl312. Great to hear from you and I thank you for your reply.
I never thought about WMV or MP4. I used the Intelligent SVRT link.
Will redo in WMV and provide a follow-up on results.
Again, as always, you provide invaluable support. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm back Carl312.
I think I'm going to give up on this endeavor. I'm in my 3rd day trying to get this done and I can't be wasting 6-8 hrs every day trying to upload a 1 hr video.
I produced it in WMV. Took over 1 hr.
I then selected Online, WMV, over an hour to go through the production (rendering) stage, then selected Online, You Tube. That production stage took little over an hour and the upload started.
I left to go across town for lunch and came back about 1 1/2 hrs later and the upload process was only around 33%. At that rate, it will take about 5 hours to upload.
Frustrated to no end. The video is only 1 hr long.
I appreciate your help, but I'm sick of this project. Jack
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Do NOT select Online!

Produce an MP4 file and then from outside of PDR upload that to YouTube.

And yes, it does take a long time to upload.

Until you get the hang of this procedure why don't you first test with a small (few minute) video first?
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Eldor for your response..
I agree, I should have experimented with smaller video first, but I did a 30 minute photo show with no problems, so I didn't realize doing video would be so much more complicated.
However, I was able to get the video uploaded to You Tube, just now, and it took less than 1 hour. I was able to do that by producing in WMV, saving it with different name, then locating it in my laptop, copied it and pasted it to my videos folder. Uploaded without problems.
I'm only an occasional user of PD. Don't normally take many videos - only about every two years when I visit my wife's family in Laos. I would usually save the videos until I retuned to the U.S., then process them into DVDs. What I tried today was a first because I wanted all my family and friends to see some relevant videos without me having to produce multiple DVDs.
Again, I thank you for the tip on using MP4. I have another video I will be processing and try that. Will provide an update on that.

As always, I truly appreciate the patience you guru's show with me. Your expertise and willlingness to help is a refreshing departure from the norm in other forums where you are treated like an idiot.

Thank you again as well as Carl312

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2015 03:24

Jack