Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DLP files? Has anyone got the cloud to work for sharing projects?
Darp1 [Avatar]
Member Location: USA Joined: Nov 18, 2013 10:13 Messages: 122 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, My friend has the newer pd AND JUST BOT the Cyberlink cloud service and is trying to share a project with me, its 1 gig. His PD13 the new version, has a cloud upload and download button, I do not on PD12. I logged into his cloud and it will give me a 20k dlp file and that is it? What the heck is a dlp? BTW they only have icons, no hover help which I would strongly reccomend Cyber add to the screen. So as of now see no way to download a cloud project or anything from the cloud with PD12. Is cloud just for PD13 up? Please help, thanks 01/04/2015 17:45:58

Subject: With PD12 can you get a Cloud Project? what is a dlp file? PlaySound Senior Contributor Joined: 02/12/2010 07:26:28Messages: 1646 Offline So as of now see no way to download the cloud project or anything from the cloud with PD12. Is cloud just for PD13 up?

ANSWER ON PD12 BOARD: I think so because in PD12 has not shortcuts to cloud, yes in PD13. There's more, PD12 "default" does not open project created in PD13.

NEW TODAY: OK I bought PD13 and installed it. And nothings changes. I now have Cloud acct, my friend has had Cloud acct. I login to his Cloud, can see his PD13 project, but when I download it, only get tiny .dlp file and nothing happens. We have been trying to move his project to my PC for days now, no luck.

Has anyone here ever shared a PD13 project over the Cyber Cloud? Anyone know what a .dlp file is?

I do have a choice on menu of download cloud project, but it says it can not connect. Yet obvously I have internet connection, everything else including this forum works. Neither of us, both now on PD13, can figure this out, although he was able to upload the project to his cloud.

The correct way this should work is when you select download cloud, it gives you chooice of yours or others. The sender supplies the account name of the person they are trying to share with, and the reciever will see a date ordered list of projects shared with them and name of sender, it is very easy to do this, or maybe both of us are blind trying to use the interface.

help
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Video on Cloud leaves out most important thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4877nKhqUTw

It shows if look close a dlp file being downloaded, and pretending that is it.

First it does not tell you how to share a project with someone, maybe the most likely use of of the Cloud, and certainly the only reason we got the Cloud.

THE 2nd thing is it does not show you what to do with that mysterious tiny dlp file. Its a 1 Gig project packed and the dlp is like 20k. It is not the project. Very frustrating.

All I can find out on dlp files is this: Files with the DLP extension identify data files created in the DAQLab application. The DLP files store data that has been collected from data loggers that are manufactured by Fourier Systems. Handheld data logger devices measure and collect various data that is stored with the DLP extension. DLP files may be opened and edited with the appropriate software applications.
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe Cloud is down? The message I get is "Can not connect to Cyberlink Cloud, check your internet connection"

I get this when click File, "Download PowerDirector Project from Cloud"
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darp1 -

Are you able to download this project? http://uscloud01.powercloud.cyberlink.com/share/project/1f5456a3-d19b-47b6-a4b0-8438fac677e7

That's the first time I've attempted it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That .dlp file is a compacted version of the project (just like templates on DirectorZone). If you double click, it should be able to extract and open.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2015 16:52

Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

If its a gondola boast short video yes.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hmmm - I must have a scaled down version of PDR12!

The tutorial shows CL Cloud links in PDR12 but mine has none. PDR13 - yes, as Playsound posted.

I think (only think) the .dlp file is opened using EffectExtractor, which is part of the PDR installation.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
The background video is the "Boats" sample video. Were the kokopellis in it? (my avatar)
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
A black box was pulled into it (smoothly) DO NOT NOTICE AN AVATAR, Next step trying the 1 gig project, Thanks
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There was a file named kokos.jpg or similar it complained was not there, maybe why avatar not there.

It is slowing downloading the 1 gig project now. How they could put out a video on using cloud without mentioning dlp files and that they are sorta selfextracting cloud downloaders or PD13 projects is a bit beyond me, but it appears that is how it works.

Thank you again.
ynotfish
[Post New]
I don't understand it properly yet. If the "kokos" image wasn't there, that puts a dint in sharing projects with others. I'm probably missing something.

Edit: DOH! I selected Upload Project to CL Cloud, which only sends the project file (.pds). Hence, the lack of kokopellis. I should have selected Pack Project Materials & Send to CL Cloud embarassed

When you go to download a project from the CL Cloud (via PDR 13) you have access to projects you've uploaded. To download someone else's project they need to send you the D/L link... as far as I understand it.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2015 19:48

Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah Tony that makes sense, we did upload the packed project .

Well it worked or at least appears to have worked with 1 gig project. I guess to 100% verify need to make some alterations and then produce it, but it all came up in PD13 as a 15 minute video with all the segments etc.

Again am amazed they left the most important thing out of the video and the user screen, which is it only will download a dlp file and you have to double click that file to get the project. The screen is big and empty, very easy for them to say that on download screen.

BTW I probably did not need to upgraded to PD13, as had the dlp file all along. But the had sale with AudioD included for about $50 so went for it as did not have AUDIOd

Cheers
[Post New]
I test with Cyberlink Cloud, worked well, I sent a small project, then downloaded downloaded in PD13 opened project perfectly.

PD13 / Menu / File / Download Project from Cyberlink Cloud ...

Shown is a list of this project in the Cloud.

Select, choose a folder on your PC to store.

When the download confirm Open, whether work the project now.

Note: You must register in the Cloud.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 05. 2015 02:49

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi PlaySound,

So you double clicked the dlp to download?

Or did you find another way?

You said: Note: You must register in the Cloud I used the same e-mail that I use in DirectoZone.

I think I used different emails for the two, and it worked with double click of dlp.
[Post New]
I do not have a DLP file.

Downloading from PD13 not have this DLP file.

I downloaded the program file "name".pds.

==============================

2 clik on DLP file (Download Tool), choose a folder to save, the final choice:

"Open" opens project in PD13.

Done: Just save the project file "name".pds

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Apr 05. 2015 11:07

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Playsound -

From my little bit of mucking around with uploading & downloading, it would appear that you'll only get a .dlp file when you download a project someone else has shared with you. You can only do this via your browser.

If you download one of your own projects, you effectively get a packed project folder. You can do this from within PDR.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Hi ynotfishI understood the process after I downloaded design you posted above.

I have to copy the link of the Download button if you want to share files with other of my cloud.

Thanks You. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
[Post New]
Hi ynotfish

I understood the process after I downloaded project you posted above.

I have to copy the link of the Download button, if I want to share files with other of my cloud.

Thank You. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
PaulP SYD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2020 19:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone.
So can you share files and allow people to download video's that you have uploaded to Cyber Cloud? similar to Onedrive and other services? eg share the project send a link and the other person can download the video?

Im tryin to share an MP4 or AVI finished video with another person.

Thanks so much in advance

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 30. 2020 02:32