Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fixing reg keys
[Post New]
USE AT OWN RISK. I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY

hello

powerdvd 13/14 both suffer from reg keys left behind after uninstall when you don't install the latest version, then patch it from the website. cyberlink actually keep changing the keys quite regularly so there is no consistent fix but as a general guide, the keys you are looking to remove (tested with 13 4324):-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Audio\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Video\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Image\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Audio\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Image\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Video\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

plus for each file extension in the registry. your best bet is to search for "powerdvd13commandverb" from the high point of regedit and work your way down using F3 deleting the FOLDER entries CAREFULLY [this will also take care of 6 keys above]

this will remove file context menus. for disc auto play, you also need :-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers

you will see 9 powerdvd 13 on arrival folders. delete them all, it will help clear most of the autoplay issues. for the last few autoplay keys:-

hkey_classes_root\___\shell\PlayWithPowerDVD13.0

dvd

bluray

audiocd

endvd

mixed

musicfiles

pic

svcd

vcd

videofiles

delete the playwithpowerdvd13.0 folders 10 in total

this will clear up the context menu/autoplay issues after uninstall. can be used after install to save you the trouble after uninstall. tested on win 7 64, should theoretically work on 32 bit too. this won't clear every key in the registry and should you choose to do it after install, you should still have a functioning software. i drag and drop files into powerdvd and load discs from within powerdvd. if you want to retain functionality of context menu/autoplay, you should do it after the uninstall if you have the issues outlined. theoretically can fix powerdvd 14 issues and other similar issues if you use it as a guide instead of an absolute solution

due to the complex nature i accept no responsibility for mistakes i have made in writing this out or problems caused. i have tested this fix for a single version and should only be used as a guide. USE AT OWN RISK. I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY

hope this helps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2015 11:49

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What does your unistall steps do that is more than what is posted for the Unstallers here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38203.page

Have you tested you uninstall process against something like Revo Uninstaller or Unistaller Pro? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Cyberlink installers and cleaners do not work as cyberlink still hasn't recognised the issue after 3 years even though I have filed bug reports. The other cleaners do have potential depending on their features but regedit doesn't require installing further software and potentially having to purchase further products. I have seen several people report this issue so that's why I posted this guide