Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Tags
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Having tagged a number of photos, and given many photos multiple tags, I now want to select conditional searches - such as "Photos containing "Tony" and "Margaret" or ""Dogs" and "Margaret" and ""Margaret River Holiday"" so that only photos containg all of the tags mentioned in the search query are imported.

In other words I don't want all of the "Tony" photos and all of the "Margaret" photos - only those with both Tony and Margaret in the same photo.

How do I complete the Search box to get these conditionals?

And I'm probably asking a bit much, but woud it be possible to do a search such as "Tony" and "Margaret" but not "Erryn" so that photos tagged with all three of us would not be included?

Finally, after tagging all my photos Ithen throw some more photos into my "My Photos" folder - how can I display only the photos which have not been tagged, so that I can then tag them? Or is there a simple way to only display untagged photos? One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
[Post New]
Hello again ponderstibbons,

The way to select all the "Tony & Margaret together" photos is by creating albums based on your face tags & a Smart Album. This tutorial shows how to do it:

I've not ever tried to "exclude Erryn" but I believe, by modifying the album names initially or simply removing the photos that include Erryn from the created album, it would be achievable.

To your other question: In the browser you can filter by flags, labels or whether the photos have been adjusted or not, but you cannot filter by whether photos have been tagged or not.

You may be aware that, on import, tags can be applied to the current group of photos being imported if that's appropriate. Typically, I import photos in folders so they're generally related in content (same event, holiday etc).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks PIX

After I posted my query I found your excellent detailed tutorial on how to achieve conditional filtering.
Many thanks - I've now subscribed to your YouTube feeds. One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
[Post New]
Thank you for your generous comment. I'm glad it was able to help laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel