Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems viewing .wmv
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]

The first time I rendered in wmv and copied it to a website, it played fine,
although quality sucked. This file size was 21 megs...

I then rendered in a higher resolution. The file size was 626 Meg!! It looked
great playing it locally on my PC. After uploading to the website, it will not
play?

I also re-rendered at another resolution. File size is 184 meg. It will not
play from the website either, although WMP is saying it is buffering. It's at 38% but no video???

What the heck am I doing wrong???

Anybody have a tutorial on PD rendering for web viewing??

Thanks,

Ray

Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
In my last example, the buffering stopped and the video played and looked great. However, after about 80% thru the video it halted and started buffering again. Eventually it continued playing until the end.

You can go here. When it asks to play or save, choose play with Windows Media Player. http://www.novir.us/videos/play.html

How can I get around this problem?

Thanks,

Ray
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
hi Ray,

Streaming video is a complex issue. There are lots of variables that affect playback, quality etc. Its also quite fast moving with new developments coming along regularly.

I found this link and tutorials useful in getting to grips with some of the basics. Its a general approach, as opposed to PD7 specific, but did allow me to then experiment with some purpose.

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/streaming/overview.html

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.