Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with New Reply Editor (sorta solved)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Fellow Members -

I've just spent about 30 minutes trying to edit our PDtoots tutorial list at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41501.page#214001. After the new reply editor was introduced, it had lost all its coloured subheadings, which add some visual ease. I'm not having trouble highlighting text and selecting a colour... I'm having trouble making it stick!

In preview, everything looks fine e.g. Techniques (subheading) PDtoots QuickTips (hyperlinked) but after clicking Submit there's a 50% chance that it won't look like that in the forum pages.

Then, when I go back to re-re-re-edit the thing, having previously removed all the redundant [colour=red] [/color] stuff, some of it is
back there... & I have to go through the same ridiculous thing again. Then I click Submit, knowing there's a good chance it will not be dispalyed properly (again).

I don't want scrambled, garbled rubbish. I just want simple formatting to stick.

Can anyone who cares offer any kind of guidance? And No - I will not submit my DxDiag wink

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2015 13:43

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There you go - that post didn't look like that in preview. At first I thought it may have only been hyperlinked words, but it does it quite randomly.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Have you checked to make sure html is not magically disabled when you edit? I don't know how that would effect text color, but that is all I can think of at the moment, unless there is a bug in the php somewhere. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
[Post New]
Thanks Jaimesque for taking the trouble to offer some help. I didn't really expect any because others aren't in the same boat.

I find it odd that "Disable HTML in this message" was checked in the posts I was attempting to edit, yet it has never been previously. I've unchecked them now.

I believe the problem I was having was down to trying to apply coloured text to a hyperlinked word/phrase. If I did that anywhere in the post, it (& other items) would not display correctly. Now that I've only applied colour to non-linked words, it is displaying as expected.

Does anyone know how to apply coloured text to a hyperlinked word? Does anyone know how to apply coloured text in a signature?

Test:

(no colour applied) ynotfish YouTube channel

(colour applied) ynotfish YouTube channel

Cheers - Tony

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Colored text in a link is usually handled by css, which i am almost certain is not supported on the forums. CyberLink may have provided a way, but i think you probably tried something they never expected. I will try to remember how it was done in html, but that is probably not supported by html 5. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM