Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video stops playing on timeline but sound goes on
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
A new project is created and a 4K 264 video file, 5 min in length is dragged to the timeline, this file has a shadow file already generated. When playing from the timeline HA is made use of, GPU= GTX960 usage is about 3 % CPU usage app 5 %. playback is fine no stoppages.

Everything is then saved and PD13 is exited.

PD13 is re-booted and the same project is opened. When playing on the timeline GPU use is now at 0%, CPU use has gone to 40% and video will stop after 10 or so secs. while sound goes on regardless of preview quality settings.

Video on timeline is cut and replaced with identical video from library. GPU use is again 3%, CPU is 5% and video playes on.

Bummer,

Eugene

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 25. 2015 12:32

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it's a bummer Eugene.

I know, I have had exactly the same problem. It's the 4K bit that's causing your problem.

Some suggest having the preview set to "non real time" or reducing the preview quality, all of which will help a bit. I think, at the end of the day it the performance of your computer graphics management. I did some research and found that my Asus motherboard has a graphic boost setting. After I set it to "high" the 4K performance in PD13 was much improved, although not perfect.

I would bet that the file that you have trouble with is a rendered in 4K version, and the one from the library is the one with shadow files, that's why it plays OK.

My computer is top notch and 4K is still hard work.

I hope this helps Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Shawdoman,

I am using only one file, the 4K that is in the library, it has a shadow file.

It appears that the Hardware acceleration settings are not being saved after exiting PD13.

And I do not recall having this problem in PD12.

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 21. 2015 13:38

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Nathan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2015 09:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Also having a similar problem. It's very very annoying and never happened in PD12. Hopefully a patch will be out to fix this ASAP