Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trimming Multi Clips At The Same Time
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

I have purchased a zoom controller which works very well except, when I press the "stop record" button the sound is picked up by the camera.

If, say, I have 100 clips in a project, all with this "click" on the end, is there any way I can trim the last couple of seconds off all the clips at once?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Quote: Hi all

I have purchased a zoom controller which works very well except, when I press the "stop record" button the sound is picked up by the camera.

If, say, I have 100 clips in a project, all with this "click" on the end, is there any way I can trim the last couple of seconds off all the clips at once?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you use transition between the clip, add transition mode overlap 1 s. or less should solve.Make test if it works, you apply Overlap transition to all clips at once. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
@PlaySound

Thank you very much for the reply.

I had actually thought of that, but I think 100 transitions in a 40 minute film would not be very professional.

I know you can get software to bulk rename files, so I wondered if you could bulk trim with software so long as the trim is the same on all the clips Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
A thought adding 20, 30 or more clips, one each on each track to align all right.All selected track, Split some pictures for all at once.After all aligned on a track.Repeat for more clips, is a lot of work, I think it is less than one by one.I think one Overlap 0:16 s transition. works well for me, when filming is good.

After I post this.I checked here and my PD13, lost the clip's alignment altoajuste capacity on the same track and between track. I hope it is temporary.

Resolved, I had cleared the Enable box to snap clips in timeline in Settings / Preferences

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 18. 2015 11:06

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
The Shadowman
[Post New]
PlaySound, thank you I'll give that one a go.

Thanks again
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Hi again

If I have a clip on each of 20 tracks can I align the clips to the right? If so, how, please

Thanks Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
I did a simulated here to be sure of what I had suggested.

Added 10 video clips, MTS 1080P, in numerical order made by the camcorder.

More work is to add each clip in a track and align right.

Returned 4 or 5 frames brings forward, to eliminate any errors at the end.

Ctrl + A to select all the clips on the tracks.

Split to cut, DEL to exclude all end clips once.

Ctrl + A to select all the clips on the tracks.

Button, Sync by Audio, PD positioning clips in sequence, I think using alphabetical or date order.

Works perfectly.

Note: As with many PD video clips becomes slow but will depend on the PC power handling up to 100 track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2015 16:42

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
[Post New]
[Quote = O Shadowman] Hi novamente Se eu tiver um clipe em cada uma das 20 faixas que posso alinhar os clips para a direita? Se sim, como, por favor Obrigado [/ quote]

As I did the test.

1 - Added 10 track

2 - Added 10 clips in PD library.

3 - 1 dragged by 1, one in each track.

4 - I used the clip as long as a reference.

5 - I dragged each clip aligns to the right with the largest clip.

Note: When the clip is aligned PD already pulls him to exact position.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 18. 2015 16:38

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
The Shadowman
[Post New]
I understand that very well

Many thanks Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,