Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Forum Timezone Display?
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry if this isn't an appropriate post in this section but I don't see any forum section specifically for forum questions...

I'm in Montreal Canada, on Eastern time, and in my profile settings I don't see any way of setting my time zone. So all the timestamps on messages here appear on some different time zone. Most boards have a user-configurable setting somewhere to specify the user's time zone. Am I missing that somewhere?

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry if this isn't an appropriate post in this section but I don't see any forum section specifically for forum questions...

I'm in Montreal Canada, on Eastern time, and in my profile settings I don't see any way of setting my time zone. So all the timestamps on messages here appear on some different time zone. Most boards have a user-configurable setting somewhere to specify the user's time zone. Am I missing that somewhere?

Thanks

You're not missing anything. The ability to alter the forum displayed timezone for your post is not possible.
Dafydd
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry if this isn't an appropriate post in this section but I don't see any forum section specifically for forum questions...

Thanks

You may not be able to alter your Time Zone, but you can include your Location in your Profile.

You will notice I am in Texas, USA, that makes my Time Zone Central Time.
You can also make a note in your Signature.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 11:33

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
You may have noticed that I did include my location in my profile (when I joined).

I am surprised that this board doesn't allow a user to configure his local time zone, especially since that is a feature on all of the (many!) boards I'm a member of. I'm sure this forum software has that feature, but for some reason management here didn't enable it.

Seeing the time a message was posted IN YOUR OWN LOCAL TIME makes it very easy to see what's new and most recent.

In any case, I can live with it.

Quote:
You may not be able to alter your Time Zone, but you can include your Location in your Profile.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Not exactly what you are looking for but did you notice the "Recent Topics" at the top of this page. That should help ! .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.