Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video DVD's not playing full screen
bkrieger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2014 13:30 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I play a disc based blu ray, it plays fine I'm full screen, however if I play a video file that is a movie, or any video file on full screen, it does not fill the screen completely. I don't want to stretch it and distort the image. Is there a fix for this?
[Post New]
powerdvd is poor file player. i suggest you use vlc for video files.
bkrieger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Will VLC bitstream or at least play DTS HD and TRUEHD audio?
[Post New]
it can play truehd because it has relation to MLP lossless. dts core is supported only, not the lossless extension. i think it bitstreams but you'll need to experiment with it. don't get 2.2 it's too new and has problems. grab an older release. i use 2.1.3
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What are the properties of the video files(s). Where did you get them? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
bkrieger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just 1080p video files that play DTSHD and TRUEHD audio.

Thanks.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just 1080p video files that play DTSHD and TRUEHD audio.

Thanks.

Right clcik on the video(s), select properties and then details and tell us what format/display ration/ etc that it gives. A screen shot of that would be helpful.

Where did you get the video? Is the download location reachable so we can download and try? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
[Post New]
Totally agree with daaceking, and I will not choose PowerDVD to play my videos, I rather choose VLC.
stevek
[Post New]
Soap Box Comment:

Forgive me if I misunderstand the purpose of these Cyberlink sponsored forums. I always thougth that the purpose of the forums was to provide help in using the Cyberlink products FIRST.

Then, only if the Cyberlink product doesn't perform in THAT PARTICULAR application with the poster's hardware and the particular type of files to make other suggestions as a last resorrt.

bkriegar hasn't told us anyitng about his (her) computer or anyhting about the video files he (she) is trying to play. I don't know how suggestions to use a different program - even a free one- meets the intent of these forums.

bkrieger may have another resaon for wanting to use PowerDVD 14 that he (she) might not get the full benefits of the program.

End Soapbox comment.

I'm sorry if I have insuled you . I just realy want to clarify the purpose of these forums.

It is frustrating for many of us who volunteer their time to try to replicate the originator's problem and come up with a solution that works with the Cyberlink product when someone tosses off a reply that has nothign to do with Cyberlink operation. .

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 20. 2015 09:15

bkrieger [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was able to get it to work full screen. In the resize menu in NVidia control panel, I made stretched the screen a little more. I guess I didn't have it full screen all the way.

Thanks.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: I was able to get it to work full screen. In the resize menu in NVidia control panel, I made stretched the screen a little more. I guess I didn't have it full screen all the way.

Thanks.

Thank you for letting us know ! .