Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting sample sounds into project?
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
I have turned off "Automatically load sample clips" under Projects in Preferences because I really didn't want a whole bunch of stuff floating around in my project that I didn't want and wasn't using. But now I'd like to add a sound effect at one point in my video and I can't see how I can find/listen to sample sounds and then get them into my project.

Please, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have turned off "Automatically load sample clips" under Projects in Preferences because I really didn't want a whole bunch of stuff floating around in my project that I didn't want and wasn't using. But now I'd like to add a sound effect at one point in my video and I can't see how I can find/listen to sample sounds and then get them into my project.

Please, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Sample video files can be easily restoreed by checking the option in Preferences/Project.

There are no sample audio displayed in PDR's Media Library but there are default audio files with some of the disc Menu's you can look up.
Example:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector13\Menus\Monopoly\Audio
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\templates

If you want to extract an audio from a video file.
Right click on the video (in the Media Library)
Select Extract Audio

Just guessing at what you're after.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2015 13:10

Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for replying, Dafydd. I guess my inexperience with video editing in general and PDR specifically makes it hard for me to explain what I'm stuck with.

I thought that there were sample sound clips included with PowerDirector Ultra, but it could be that I'm confusing that with the VisualStudio Ultimate X7 that I used for 3 weeks before changing to PDR.

In any case, I'm looking for a sound clip, specifically what we call a "raspberry" sound that I want to play at a specific spot on my video (where a young lady sticks her tongue out).

I will go and look on the DirectorZone to see if I can find something.

Thank you.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Eldor -

The trick is finding or making "rasberry" sounds that sound like mouth sounds!

There's a small collection attached in the zip file... & - no - I didn't record them myself

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
SFX_Rasberries.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Eldor
[Post New]
Thank you very much, Tony! Very kind of you.

Are you the maker of those PDToots tutorials? Nina pointed me towards them a couple of days ago when I was asking about project management and I found them VERY helpful. Thank you for making them available.

Based on your 2-part project management tutorials, I've got a wee bit of confusion and I just made a new post about it. Perhaps you could take a look?

And while I've got you, if as you suggest, you set your Export directory to that temporary project directory at the start, does that information get saved WITH the project? What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not we have to constantly be changing that setting as we open different existing projects. I followed your tips for my first project and I'm about to start the second, so I guess I'll find out the answer myself soon enough anyway.

Cheers!

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I'd love to be able to take credit for ALL the PDtoots tutorials, but I'm just one of a team of forum members who contribute.

... and I'd really love to be able to say "Yeh - I made those Project Management toots", but I'd be lying. They were made by my friend, colleague & mentor - Cranston. Only he could turn such a potentially dry topic into something so entertaining! I'm glad you're working your way through them. Each of us will find a workflow that suits the way we organise ourselves.

The suggested workflow shown in the tutorials is the result of many years of experience building complex projects. When I know a project is going to be "big" (lots of bits), that's the procedure I use... set up a working folder with subfolders for video, photos, audio, graphics etc. It works because - if you also make it your export folder - everything for that project "lands" in the one place.

In your other thread, perhaps other forum members will be able to share their workflow & help you arrive at something that is right for you.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!