Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Replace face on moving person in video
[Post New]
Did I read this, or did I imagine it ?

Does PowerDirector 13 have a somewhat automated way to replace the face of a person in a video ? If I have a new face, in PNG format, can I mask the existing face of a person in a video, and replace it with the PNG face, throughout the video ?

I did that yesterday, using Keyframes by key-framing the Position of the PNG face over the face of the moving person many times. That was sorta OK, for crude purposes.

But it sure seems that I read "somewhere" that PowerDirector has a built-in tool to do that.

Thanks,

Clark
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps this is what you saw. Do a <ctrl-F> (find) for "motion tracking."

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate-suite/features_en_US.html?&r=1

It's a feature of Color Director. Scrutinize its limitations/capabilities carefully.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2015 11:22

[Post New]
Thanks for the reply...

Maybe I did dream this "feature".

I did read your link, and found more, on Color Director, regarding "Intelligent Motion Tracking". Looks that will replace color in a moving object, but not replace a masked part of a moving object with another masked area.