Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frames downloaded from DirectorZone
Richard9909 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2011 08:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PD9 and have a very simple question. After browsing the many Titles, Frames, Pips and so forth available at Director Zone, I downloaded a Title and a Frame. Both appeared in the Downloads on my hard drive. I clicked each one (separately) as directed and got the message each was now available for use by my software. When I clicked on Title Room, I found the recently downloaded Title with no trouble. Where the heck is the Frame? I have no clue where to look.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Richard -

You'll find the frames in PiP Objects - under the Frames or Downloaded... or ALL, of course.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Richard9909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony:

Thanks for the reply. Before posting my question, I did check every possible location for the downloaded frame, including in PiP Objects. It wasn't there. After getting your note, I checked again and the downloaded frame was still not there. Then I did some experimenting by downloading a random sample of new frames and I found the problem.

All frames with a 16:9 aspect ratio showed up in the PiP Objects area but all with a 4:3 ratio were nowhere to be found. My project is 16:9 but the original frame I downloaded and could not find was 4:3. Apparently the only downloaded frames that show up in PiP Objects are those that match the ratio of your current project. That's why I couldn't find the original download.

A lesson learned. Thanks again.

Richard
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
So does that mean that if you try a project set to 4:3 ratio those other frames will become visible or did they just not get stored? Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Richard9909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The 4:3 frames did get stored. When I switched the aspect ratio of my project to 4:3, the 4:3 frames showed up and the 16:9 frames disappeared from the PiP Objects room.