Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titles from PD11 to PD13
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Some of the titles from PD11, the custom / downloaded was automatically included in the installation of PD13.
Unfortunately, not all of which I was happy with are in PD13.

When I switch from PD9 to PD11 all titles from earlier versions were included.

Therefore, is it possible to import titles from PD11 to PD13?

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anja -

Since PDR11, the has been some culling of title templates (and others). As you've seen, downloaded & custom templates are still available, but some of the original PDR11 templates have been removed.

If you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Templates\PowerDirector Content Pack 13\PowerDirector 13 Content Pack Essential\Titles you'll see some folders have the prefix "PDR11_Title"

I guess you don't still have PDR11 installed, or those "missing" templates would be available in PDR13.

One thing you could do is check out the CyberLink profile on DirectorZone - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/profile/effect/4184777/upload#TT:title__TimeUploaded__1__16__open__thumb - many of the "older" templates are there.

Another possibility is reinstalling PDR11 - saving your favourite templates as custom ones - then uninstalling PDR11 again.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
Thanks for your quick reply :
I still have PD11 - it runs perfectly.

Just thought I could copy some Title files / folders from PD11 to PD13 but looking in 'pd11 template essential' I see that one of the Titles I need wasn't in the "PDR11_Title" or in subfolder and its name is already used for an other title template in PD13 - never mind I'll will do nearly as sugested - I'll create a project with PD11, just with Titles I need, then open it in pd13 and save the titles here.
This might be very much faster than so seek for the templates at DZ's page.

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anja -

Are those PDR11 titles not available in PDR13 I thought they would have been.

Your idea will work! Whether you save them as custom titles in PDR11 or PDR13, they'll still be available long after PDR11 has been uninstalled.

Agreed - your suggestion is far more efficient then the DZ search idea

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Hi Tony.
No, not all of those PDR11 titles are available in PDR13 - 13 of 16 all from the folder named PowerDirector v11 are.

One of those I was missing is in the folder named PowerDirector v8
Cheers, Anja
PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12