Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Key frame crop
teascher [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sedona Arizona Joined: Feb 17, 2015 14:31 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I found the key frame option and the crop option but no way to work together. I have high resolution images of paintings. I wish to move around within a painting, keeping full frame in the video, but examining different parts of the painting. In other words I don't want to move the painting around in the screen exposing dark areas outside the painting, but just move in, pan or tilt to different areas. Can't find a way to do this. In Vegas I can simply outline the part of the image I want at various places in the video setting these up as key frames and the program moves smoothly move from one crop to another. This should be a simple, basic feature. Am I missing something? Help!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I found the key frame option and the crop option but no way to work together. I have high resolution images of paintings. I wish to move around within a painting, keeping full frame in the video, but examining different parts of the painting. In other words I don't want to move the painting around in the screen exposing dark areas outside the painting, but just move in, pan or tilt to different areas. Can't find a way to do this. In Vegas I can simply outline the part of the image I want at various places in the video setting these up as key frames and the program moves smoothly move from one crop to another. This should be a simple, basic feature. Am I missing something? Help!

What you are looking for is in PIP designer or Magic Motion.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41501.page
Scroll to Magic Motion and watch some tutorials.

Also watch the tutorials under the heading 'PiP Designer'.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

teascher [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I went to Magic Motion->Zoom & Rotate but got instead Scrolling Background. The links take you to the wrong tutorials. Which do I need to click on to get me to Zoom & Rotate? I'm assuming this is what I want?
Tom
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Tom - I've just corrected that. I had the same link for Scrolling Background & Zoom/Rotate.

Scrolling Background
Zoom & Rotate

Those two are the most useful for your purposes.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
teascher [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony,
You're right the Magic Motion does what I need it to. Thanks for fixing the links to the tutorials. I'm well on my way with this. Now if I can just solve getting a video to stop at end with or without a menu. See my separate reply on that. Again, I really appreciate your taking the time to help me with these!
Tom