CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What ! Music Challenged --- Gone too far?
Reply to this topic
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I videoed my grandchildren at Kemah Waterfront; an amusement park. After editing out some skips and extraneous scenes, I uploaded it to YouTube. The music was challenged because it was copyrighted. I was perplexed because I didn't add any music to the video. I then realized that the complaint was made because of the music playing in the background at the park.! So were all the other sounds like bells and whistles that would go along with children at an amusement park.

I have answered that complaint. I 'll let you know what happens.

It would be pretty bad if we all had to put directional mics on all out camcorders. BTY, it was an ION camcorder so there is no way a directional mic would work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2015 09:21

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3063 Offline
[Post New]
I have found them to be pretty fair in these instances. It will be interesting to see what they say here. I had one challenged once which had no music at all. It's not a perfect system. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9080 Offline
[Post New]
I have had music playing in the background at a fireworks display challenged.
The promoter had the music on the PA system while the Fireworks were shooting.
I was filming from several hundred feet away from the music, using a microphone to record the firework explosions.

YouTube's Content ID software is not very accurate or forgiving.

There is Fair Use for some music that you may qualify for.

My response is to either remove the Video and/or re-edit to cut out that song.
I have been successful at getting the challenge removed by using the Fair Use conditions.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Reply to this topic