Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu-sonne from director zone has bugs?
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Downloaded menu-sonne from director zone.

Clicking on menu-sonne, then 'apply all' (after doing some modifying to menu-sonne), it takes forever to load the prepared edited files to the disk.

After testing and loading one at a time it takes several minutes to load one file.

After you finally get the files loaded and burn the Blu-ray disk, I find the button highlights do not work when you roll the mouse over the buttons during playback.

Cannot find anything in modify to correct this.

During the process of making it work powerdirecto13 crashed (on sever occasions) and I lost everything and had to reboot the computer.

Any Help?

Alan
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I gave a detailed answer but this forum timed out on me. Would like to know if the menu text, thumbnail, and navigation highlights all work in preview before you burned the Blu-ray...
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes they seemed to work OK in the preview.

The highlight highlighted the whole button area more then I would like but it did work.

I downloaded the menu-somme menu to my other computer and get the same result.

Can't change the highlight in either case through modify - that I know about.
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Downloaded erde-mond menu from director zone. Same results. If you set the menu to 'apply all' before you add the content it hangs powerdirector 13 ( while adding the content) and the computer crashes on either menu and you have to reboot

But, if you set the menu to 'apply' only then add the content, then come back and do the 'apply all' it seems to work. (I think)

Same author for both menus.

Try it and see if you get the same results.

I have 93 videos to put into shows.

Are there other places to get menu content even if you might have to pay for them?

Alan
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

After you posted previously, I tested that menu & found no issue here.

I've, just now, retested using the "Apply to All" option. I applied the menu to a small project and burnt to folder. No issues. One thing I did notice is that the frame & mask on Item 1 in the Titles/Scenes menu page didn't display as it should - but it still functioned correctly.

As I said before, it's probably some formatting glitch.

I made a few modifications in PDR13 and uploaded it to DZ. Could you test it and see if it works for you? http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/135969030

There are actually LOTS of decent menus on DirectorZone - but you have to a bit of searching and testing. I'm not sure what it is about that particular menu that appeals to you, but if it's giving you grief just delete it!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I like the looks of the menus. Most of the other menus seem to be for kids or gamers etc. These (all 93) (plus more coming) videos are for old timers.

Did you provide your test with enough videos to at least force a second page?

I am using a high powered computer I built. 1TB internal storage all SSD, 32GB memory, 8 fans, Asus fast motherboard, 850W powersupply.Intel I7 processor, etc so I know I have enough computer to process these videos.

Just applied video only to the menu, then added the 24 videos, (that went very fast no hesitation or freezing) then went back and used the apply all from the same menu and now it is processing.

Like I say I tried it on two computers with the same result - that why I am leaning towards a bug. Also from the same author.

What did you do on director zone that I should try?

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
FYI the edited files I am dropping on the create disk are .MP4 files. They work everywhere else so I do not think that is an issue.
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am convinced the 2 menus have the same bug. The same author probably borrowed from one for the other and now we have the same bug in both.

This is the problem:

Picking one of the menus and clicking on "apply too all Pages", then going to download the content produces a PowerDirector freeze, and a crashes the computer. (you have to reboot) ctl/alt/del does not work the computer is frozen. It freezes with message"checking menu settings", Updating menu pages" it forever stays there until you reboot the computer and start over.

The workaround:

Click on one of the two menus and only pick "apply" then download the video files. After the video files are loaded go back and pick the same menu choice and now pick "apply to all pages".

That seems to be the work around until the bug gets fixed.

I like inspirational menus.

Alan
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

The more I've used that menu in different projects (only to try to resolve this issue) the more I agree with you that it's corrupted in some way - at least for use in PDR13. It's now impossible to open a project which has that menu applied to it. It gets stuck at 84%. Total freeze up & Ctrl+Alt+Delete won't even bring up Task Manager.

I have no idea why it seemed to function correctly, but then messed up PDR projects.

I've deleted it from my PC, along with my attempted modification (the Sunset one). I'll also remove it from DZ. I'd suggest you do the same.

If you like "inspirational" menus, the ones you're using don't seem to fit the bill! All they'll give you is grief.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2015 13:11

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Look at this menu by a popular creator with 5,400 templates: http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131634068 .It has 4 thumbnails and looks like menue-sonne except for the background picture.
You can create a short project for your test and import short videos, if preview is okay, burn to BD-RE for testing. Try this:
1. Go to document/cyberlink/custom menus/... and copy those backround/png files from menu-sonne to a temp folder.
2. Using menu designer, replace those backgrounds pics with those from menu-sonne from that temp folder.
3. Save the menu with a different name and try it.

When you find a menu template layout that you like and works, you can always change the background pics for each different projects. Don't need to keep looking in the DZ.

Let us know if this helps...
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you tried my work around. It seems to work. I just burned 24, and now another 30 or so videos with the workaround and it seems to work OK.

Powerdirector had a nice menu in version 13 called "interactive" that I liked. They removed it from version 13. I complained to no avail.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions.

Wish we had more choices for menus.

I guess I will have to figure out how to make my own. Didn't want to do that.

Alan
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think it is the way you do the projects that requires the workaround with some menus. I have a finished project on the timeline, select a menu, and add more projects. The way I reread the 4th thread is that you select a menu first and add mp4 video files to create your project. Just tried it your way and it works.

On the 8th thread, a different menu is selected with 24 mp4 videos added also require your workaround. I'll do more testing.

PD Toots has good tutorials on creating your own menus.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good luck...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2015 17:30

Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Look at this menu by a popular creator with 5,400 templates: http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131634068 .It has 4 thumbnails and looks like menue-sonne except for the background picture.

I'm using that one in a video for our tap dancers. It works well. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I edit all the films (in this case 93 films) and put them out individually to a holding folder. Then I bring up create, add the menu, them load the files into that menu 20-30 at a time filling up a Blu-ray DL disk. Then burn the DVD.

So I am not working from the timeline.