Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Force media to keep resolution compared to other items on timeline.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I'm on PD11 and I want to play around with 4K as I've just bought a 4K TV.

I'm using 1920x1080 images over a 3840x2160 background but when I drop the images in they go to full frame. Can I force them to size automatically relative to the background image that is already there? Hope that's clear and that I'm not missing something that is blindingly obvious.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm on PD11 and I want to play around with 4K as I've just bought a 4K TV.

I'm using 1920x1080 images over a 3840x2160 background but when I drop the images in they go to full frame. Can I force them to size automatically relative to the background image that is already there? Hope that's clear and that I'm not missing something that is blindingly obvious.

Is this what you want to do?

If so, resize each track to fit part of the screen. in Clip mode you grab the white dot on the corner of the image.

[Thumb - four video or images.PNG]
 Filename
four video or images.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Four images in quarters
 Filesize
1076 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
102 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2015 15:05

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Is this what you want to do?

Yes that's the idea and that's what I've been doing and then adding fades, motion etc. but it got tedious having to re-size every image first and anyway it seemed counter-intuitive for every image to automatically expand itself to fill the frame. It occurred to me that images should keep their relative size unless you manually re-size them. It would be nice to be able to be able to select the behaviour that you prefer.

p.s. I could add a little cautionary word about buying 4K TV's by the way in that when manufacturers describe a TV as 4K you need to establish whether it really is - my first one was 4K but only on one of the HDMI inputs *NOT* on ethernet, USB or SD card.

Quote: If so, resize each track to fit part of the screen

p.p.s I can re-size individual items on a particular track but I don't see how to re-size the track
[Thumb - sshot.jpg]
 Filename
sshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot
 Filesize
195 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
94 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 31. 2015 17:54

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Is this what you want to do?

Yes that's the idea and that's what I've been doing and then adding fades, motion etc. but it got tedious having to re-size every image first and anyway it seemed counter-intuitive for every image to automatically expand itself to fill the frame. It occurred to me that images should keep their relative size unless you manually re-size them. It would be nice to be able to be able to select the behaviour that you prefer.

p.s. I could add a little cautionary word about buying 4K TV's by the way in that when manufacturers describe a TV as 4K you need to establish whether it really is - my first one was 4K but only on one of the HDMI inputs *NOT* on ethernet, USB or SD card.

Quote: If so, resize each track to fit part of the screen

p.p.s I can re-size individual items on a particular track but I don't see how to re-size the track

I said Track, but I meant Image.

I normally think of only a single image on the track when resizing into a grid.

I do not know of any way in PD 11 to copy the clip attributes to other images.

Later versions of Powerdirector have "Copy Keyframe" some but not all attributes are copied. Then can be pasted onto other clips.

So I think it is one at a time.

I know nothing about 4K TV at this time, the only thing I know is it is very early in the game. Plus there is not a lot of 4K content yet.
You are correct, it is not 4K as in 4096 x 2304. Actual size is 3840 x 2160.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think the answer is going to be that you can't do what I was thinking about.

It would be nice to be able to control the "Canvas size" and then drop media onto it without changing their relative size.

Ho hum.....