Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
import external subs
nikolo [Avatar]
Member Location: athens Joined: Oct 28, 2012 06:52 Messages: 127 Offline
[Post New]
hello can i add external srt subtitle files in a video file? and how can i do that?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hello can i add external srt subtitle files in a video file? and how can i do that?

You need a source of SRT format Subtitles.

Powerdirector can import SRT subtitles in the Subtitle room.

Be aware there are two types of Subtitles, Subtitles for disk or visible subtitles stamped on the video (these cannot be turned off).

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

nikolo [Avatar]
Member Location: athens Joined: Oct 28, 2012 06:52 Messages: 127 Offline
[Post New]
i w ant to create a project and create a video fro playing in my HD SONY BRAVIA.with corel video s tudio X7 I embed subs in video choosing sub editor or drag the text in timeline.with power director what can i do excactly?
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nikolo,

Do go to the Subtitle Room (F12) and you will see for yourself (you must have something on the timeline). If there is a completed srt file with time codes, you can import it. If you need to write the subtitles yourself, you can add captions one by one. All the buttons are just below the top left window and the timeline/storyboard.

It's actually quite a lengthy process. You may want to consider writing subtitles in an excellent freeware application called Subtitle Edit (https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases), which has a lot of smart features…