Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sudden Error Messages
[Post New]
All of a sudden I'm getting two different error messages when I try to burn a DVD with PD12 at level 3403. The problems may be related.

1. When I start PD12 I get the attached richvideo1.png
"RichVideo is not installed on your system..." Have to press OK to proceed, then get message do you want to allow modify system, choose yes, then nothing installs -- PD12 starts up. Get this every time start PD12. Ran Malwarebytes Pro and no malware found. Also running current Pro AVG anti-virus.

2. When attempt to create a DVD, get the attached burnerror1.png. This one attempting to create to folder-only on drive C. The directories are there. When attempt to burn direct to DVD get the same error message and error code, but text is about DVD, not directory.

Suggestions?
[Thumb - burnerror1.PNG]
 Filename
burnerror1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Create DVD error message
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
91 time(s)
[Thumb - richvideo1.PNG]
 Filename
richvideo1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
RichVideo error message
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
76 time(s)
Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
Error message #1 was corrected by following the directions in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3FDGR9Oeow
The RichVideo service was not starting (it was disabled).

p.s. The other error message is the exact same message whether trying to burn to DVD drive or a folder.

Windows 7/sp1
Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
I reinstalled PD12 + Patch 3403 and it made no difference. Still getting burn error to either a folder or a dvd that says bad directory/logic error. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
I rendered the video to an MP4 file, then rendered that to a VBO file, then burned it to the DVD using IMGBURN. Testing to the DVD drive with several pieces of software reveals there is no problem with the drive or the discs. PD12 seems to have lost it's mind (again). Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
Support Tickets

My Inquiry Information
•Ticket ID: CS001432764
•Related Product: PowerDirector

Subject: ERROR CODE E00B0002

2015/01/14 16:16

The attached error message pops up when trying to burn a video to either a DVD drive or a folder only. May occur immediately or after rendering part of the video. Can burn to DVD OK with other software. When burning to folder the hard drive has plenty of free space. Occurs on more than one video.

Error Message.....
Burning Unsuccessful
Error Code: eE000B0002
Possible Causes: Cyberlink Powerdirector could not create a directory. It is an internal logic error.

Powerdirector 12 with patch 3403

Have uninstalled PD12 and reinstalled, following by reinstall of patch 3403

Attachments: burnerror1.PNG
[Post New]
Here is the fix from CyberLink for this problem...

Subject: ERROR CODE E00B0002

2015/01/16 17:18

Attached please find requested...
A. SR number screen print
B. DxDiag.txt
C. Screen shot of error message
D. busTrace started before error causing action
E. Screenshot of disc preference page - NOTE: DVD drive not being used.
F. Disc format not relevant because not doing DVD output.

NOTE: This error is exactly the same whether doing DVD or hard drive output. Also, any video will cause the problem.

Attachments: pd12about.PNG, discpref2.PNG, busTRACE 10.0 Capture Client.zip, burnerrormessage.PNG, DxDiag.txt

Customer Support Response 2015/01/23 13:12

Dear Roy,

Thank you for writing back.

In regards to your concern first, I suggest you to install the latest drivers update from the link below.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/81390

Then, I suggest you to produce and burn.

1) Open the project--> Go to produce tab--> Select (MPEG-4/MPEG-2) --> Start to produce.

2) Go back to edit tab and replace the produced video on the timeline.

3) Go to Create disc.

4) Try both creating a folder and burn to disc, and check if helps.

When burning disc, please ensure:

- Tick both "Burn to disc" and "Create a folder" options when burning. In this way, program will do authoring first then write to the disc to improve the burning successful rate."

- Try alternatively with both enable/disable "Hardware video encoder".

If issue persists, please suggest to uninstall and reinstall the software, then check if helps.

If the issue still persists, please help to confirm the following info:

1) Can you burn with/without menu?
2) Can you create a small project, and check the project can burn?
3) Is the issue occured with a particular project, or with all project?
4) If the issue occurs with a particular project, I would suggest you to create a pack project material and upload the project on our FTP site. To create pack project material, do this;

1. Create a folder in a desktop and name it as "CS001432764".
2. Now, open the project in PowerDirector and Goto File -> Pack Project Material -> save it to a folder ( which you have created in desktop)

Please follow the steps to get in to FTP location.

1 Open Windows Explorer.
2. Copy and paste the below link on the address bar.

ftp://cyberlinkcs:R3TWE640@ftp.gocyberlink.com/vctarun/

3. Enter and you will get a page "FTP directory /vctarun/ at ftp.gocyberlink.com".

4. Click on the "page" which is at the top right corner and select open FTP site in Windows Explorer.

5. Enter the username and password below whenever ask.

Account Name: cyberlinkcs
New Password: R3TWE640

Please copy and paste the folder.

Also, please inform us that you've uploaded the information file at FTP.

Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Tarun
CyberLink Technical Support