Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transferring PD12 custom menus to PD13 upgrade
Willie.747 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New York Joined: Apr 02, 2013 15:51 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD12 and have created over a dozen custom menus. I can see them in My Documents->Cyberlink->Custom Menus->3.0 as Menu_000 to Menu_012. I now want to install the PD13 upgrade which I purchased as a download. Customer Support told me I should uninstall PD12 and then install PD13. However they did not answer my question about what happens to these custom templates. How do I get them into PD13?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have PD12 and have created over a dozen custom menus. I can see them in My Documents->Cyberlink->Custom Menus->3.0 as Menu_000 to Menu_012. I now want to install the PD13 upgrade which I purchased as a download. Customer Support told me I should uninstall PD12 and then install PD13. However they did not answer my question about what happens to these custom templates. How do I get them into PD13?

Those templates will stay on your computer, they do not get removed when you uninstall Powerdirector.

If you leave PD12 on the computer while you install PD13, those templates should transfer.

After you have PD13 installed you can then safely remove PD12.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Willie.747 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New York Joined: Apr 02, 2013 15:51 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I installed PD13 and the templates transferred fine. Thank you. However, I was only left with PD13. The installation of PD13 did an automatic Uninstall of PD12. I didn't mind that since things got transferred over.
With the updated menu editor, I looked all over to find out how I could tell the editor whether I wanted a 16x9 or 4x3 menu. I searched through the user's guide and there was no mention of wide screen or full screen. I finally discovered today that the aspect ratio setting in the Disk burning section appears to set how the menu template is setup, so if I want to create a wide-screen menu template, I have to be sure to go to the section on burning a 2D disk and set the aspect ratio to wide-screen. So I need to put something in the name of the menu template to indicate whether it is a 16x9 or 4x3 menu. Is this the way it works?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I installed PD13 and the templates transferred fine. Thank you. However, I was only left with PD13. The installation of PD13 did an automatic Uninstall of PD12. I didn't mind that since things got transferred over.
With the updated menu editor, I looked all over to find out how I could tell the editor whether I wanted a 16x9 or 4x3 menu. I searched through the user's guide and there was no mention of wide screen or full screen. I finally discovered today that the aspect ratio setting in the Disk burning section appears to set how the menu template is setup, so if I want to create a wide-screen menu template, I have to be sure to go to the section on burning a 2D disk and set the aspect ratio to wide-screen. So I need to put something in the name of the menu template to indicate whether it is a 16x9 or 4x3 menu. Is this the way it works?

If PD 13 removed your PD12, you must have bought a UPGRADE version. Full versions do not remove the previous version.

I think you are correct, in the aspect ratio for creating a "Template".

The normal Create disk module has a selection for 16:9 or 4:3 menus and content.
I think that is on the 2D disk tab also. However, that only seems to apply to a DVD. Does not apply to Bluray.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2015 20:53

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.