Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions - Looking, looking
[Post New]
I just recently switched to PowerDirector 13 from another video editor. I am very impressed with the flexibility and the very high amount of support material (effects, transitions, etc) for it. There may be some good way to look for a particular transition, but I don't know how yet. I'm just flipping through many transitions to see what I personally like.

Two questions, please...

1. Does anyone know of a transition that displays a continuous stream of images, flowing from right to left in the middle horizontal area of the screen, with the center-most image zooming in possibly 1.5 to 2.0 X ?? I hope I described that correctly. I think everyone has seen this effect, and I'm sure it's available somewhere, somehow.

2. Now for the opposite --- when I look at PowerDirector's built-in transitions, many(most ?) of them are bold, striking, over-the-top. Often I would like transitions that are more mild - gradients, fade in, fade out, cross-fade.

Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

Clark
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
1. Sounds more like something you may find as a slide show. I do not have PD open wright now to look.

2. I'm with you. There are only about 3 transitions I normally use, and most often I don't use one at all. I do like to have some fun every now and then and put something wild in. Nice to have that choice. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know of a transition that displays a continuous stream of images,

A transition is from A>B.
I think what you are looking for is something you will find in a template.
A template is a "building" that is built for you (by someone else) and you just fill in clips/images
of your own, - ex. a slideshow template.
Otherwise, it is perfectly possible to build what you want yourself by the use of a few tracks
and Modify window.
You may perhaps also check out "Theme Designer" within PD.
It is found by clicking the puzzle pawn upper left in Edit UI.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
Thank you, Jaime-esque and 1Nina, for your comments.

I will continue to explore and learn about PD13. It has much depth, and I am still looking down at the surface.

Honestly, I was also hoping that someone would say "Hey! I did that already. Here's the link !"

Clark
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Clark -

Quote: It is perfectly possible to build what you want yourself by the use of a few tracks and Modify window.

This is the kind of thing Nina is referring to. Once you set a motion path for one image, you can easily apply that to the other images by using copy/paste keyframe attributes. This only really works well if all the images are cropped to the same proportions/aspect ratio.

If you wish, there are two packed projects you can download - one using 16:9 images & the other using 4:3. Open the project and copy/paste keframe attributes to your own photos (as long as they're the same AR).

16:9 Images - http://www.mediafire.com/download/j7n6cb2w551j54j/ImageCycle_16_9.zip
4:3 Images - http://www.mediafire.com/download/zntcq25dbvy3rpr/ImageCycle_4_3.zip

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2015 17:52

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Tony,

Thanks much for the explanation and the files. I just looked at your 16:9 file in PD13. It is very good and close to what I was looking for. I could likely change it, or start from scratch, to make the photos move as I had been thinking.

While I was doing that, I thought that I could not zoom and move at the same time. Is that true ? My "ideal" would be to move the photos across the screen in a continuous flow, which I can now likely do, after seeing yours. But, is it possible to zoom on each photo at a specific place on the screen? I do have this "perfect" photo display of one that zooms the center-most photo as it crosses the horizontal middle of the screen.

Is that possible -- to move those photos across the screen, and then zoom in, followed by a zoom out, when a photo gets to a specific point on my display ?

Clark

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Clark -

Those projects are very basic, deliberately. There's no real limit to what you can do & - yes - you could do what you're talking about.

Take your time to explore setting keyframes - start simple then increase complexity. I was lucky to be mentored by the Prince of PiP - Cranston (forum member), & it took him a good while to knock it into me!

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
grandmaziggy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2014 13:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
DO YOU HAVE OT DOWNLOAD THE TRANSITIONS 1 AT A TIME OR CAN YOU DOWNLOAD MORE THAN 1 AT A TIME TAKES SOOOOO LONG TO DOWNLOAD 1 AT A TIMKW