Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Play BluRay
JediForce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2014 10:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to play "Transformers" Age of Distinction BluRay, but I get the following error message:

CyberLink PowerDVD could not decode the current video because of content protection. Try playing the original copy of the video.

I get the same message when I play an older BluRay: "Lord of the Rings" Return of the King.
I'm using PowerDVD 14 trial version.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm trying to play "Transformers" Age of Distinction BluRay, but I get the following error message:

CyberLink PowerDVD could not decode the current video because of content protection. Try playing the original copy of the video.

I get the same message when I play an older BluRay: "Lord of the Rings" Return of the King.
I'm using PowerDVD 14 trial version.

Please run the Cyberlink 3d and blu-ray Advisor and tell us what it says about your set-up.

Here: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JediForce [Avatar]
[Post New]
BD Advisor gives me a "pass" for everything except "Graphics Card Driver" and "Video Connection Type"

I just updated my video card driver to the latest driver yesterday...previously I was not getting a "No" with the old driver. But still the BluRay will not play regardless if I'm using the new or old driver.

For video connection, I'm connected using an HDMI connection. My HD monitor is an HP w2408h.

How accurate is this BD Advisor??
JediForce [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just ran the Blu-ray advisor again, and this time my Graphics card passed.

The only thing that fails now is the "Video Connection Type". It says: "Digital (without HDCP)
[Post New]
is it pure hdmi to hdmi or are you using an adapter type? if it is pure, then might be your display. maybe you can find out if your display is HDCP compatible.

also,transformers is the first disc to use dolby atmos. greater than truehd 7.1. could be another factor.
[Post New]
Is this Blu-ray purchased from local shop? Probably the movie protection is the problem.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
you may refer to our welcome thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38203.page

please post your DXDIAG as Attachement (TXT)

HDCP is mandatory for BD playback

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan