Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
THEMES selection varies in modules.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have noticed, now that it's Christmas, that several of my Christmas themes ( and Sports, Comic) are missing from the PLUG-IN button above the library.
However, if I choose MAGIC movie from the button just above the timelines, I can access ALL of my themes.
If I choose then to edit in THEME designer, I can, but I am still missing many of my themes from the designer.
Is this normal expected behaviour?
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry -

I'd say it's normal & expected behaviour for PD...

BUT

If it was an office filing system, you'd empty out all the drawers, ditch one of the filing cabinets, then start filing again.

The way the templates are organised is a schemozzle. They're all over the shop. Some templates are in one or the other or both or all. They're listed a little bit alphabetically.

I have never understood why PD has Magic Movie Wizard AND Magic Style. Surely one makes the other redundant. One of them should go. And who would have a clue why ALL the same templates are not initially available in Theme Designer.

I've attached a list of which templates appear in which module in what order. It's not worth trying to make any sense of it... a bit like trying to make sense of our monosyllabic PM here in OZ

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Theme Templates.png]
 Filename
Theme Templates.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
75 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2014 15:47

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, Tony, you pretty much summed up the many quirks of PowerDirector, how weird it is...the brains at CL do astonishing feats of coding that make it such a super program to use. Then they stuff it with a few "Charlie in the Box" ideas that just don't make sense at all. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT