Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Demultiplexed video and audio streams
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying out a Blu-Ray authoring program which requires separate video and audio streams. The supported video formats are *.264, *.avc and *.mvc. The audio formats are *.ac3, *.eb3, *.ec3, *.eac3, *.wav plus a few more.

Assuming there is no way to get PD9 to Produce to separate streams does anyone know of a demuxer that can separate the streams from PD's H264 or MP4 output files? I've struggled to find anything by Internet searches.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2014 17:31

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Produce your PD project to a *.264 format, bring completed render back into PD library and right mouse click to extract audio, you will have wav file of entire compiled project.

tsMuxer will demux if you want that route.

Jeff
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff, thanks for quick response. As far as I can see if I produce using the H264 AVC codec the file is saved as *.M2TS. If I extract audio as you suggest will that not still leave the muxed audio in that file? I imagine my authoring program needs a pure un-muxed video stream. Also can I just re-name it to *.264 or is that a different container type?

I already have tsMuxeR as the authoring program uses it but from what I've been able to glean online it only muxes and doesn't demux.

Edit: scrub that - just noticed it says it has a demux option.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2014 17:55

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Jeff, thanks for quick response. As far as I can see if I produce using the H264 AVC codec the file is saved as *.M2TS. If I extract audio as you suggest will that not still leave the muxed audio in that file? I imagine my authoring program needs a pure un-muxed video stream. Also can I just re-name it to *.264 or is that a different container type?

Extract the audio stream in the library. (saves a WAV).

Put the video on the timeline:
If you uncheck the audio stream, produce, you will have Video with no audio stream.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Put the video on the timeline:
If you uncheck the audio stream, produce, you will have Video with no audio stream.

Not from what I see, you will have a MP4, MKV or M2TS container or created Disc (whichever you chose) with H.264 video with a muxed audio stream that is muted. Not the same as no audio stream as in a RAW *.264 video file vs a container which PD creates.

Again, tsMuxer will demux and produce a RAW video file and associated audio file.

Jeff
Fenman
[Post New]
Hi, thank you both for your advice. I finally managed to produce the required streams. To do it I had to produce to MPEG4 because tsMuxeR complained about a problem with the H264AVC (.M2TS) file then crashed each time I tried it. With the MPEG4 it demuxed to a .264 video file and a .AAC audio file. Unfortunately .AAC is one format the Blu-Ray authoring progam doesn't support so I then had to use yet another converter to get a .AC3 stream.

Having done all that I'm now struggling with a program that is far from intuitive with very little help documentation and no tutorials so I think this is looking like a dead end.

Anyway, thanks again for trying to help. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system: