Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I insert a photo in the corner of the screen?
pamenamel
Newbie Location: Alpharetta, GA Joined: Dec 15, 2014 18:51 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I'm a relative newbie. Your patience is appreciated.

I created a PNG file with the photo in the corner and inserted it on track two. My understanding was that the image would overlay the video. This is working great for my close ups and for titles I've downloaded. But with this file I get nothing. It's like it's behind the video instead of on top of it?

If this were publisher or photo software, I'd say the layering was off. I"d do a "bring forward" or "push back" but I can't find anything equivalent to that in PD13.

Suggestions? Thank you! Pam East
www.pameast.net
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, I'm a relative newbie. Your patience is appreciated.

I created a PNG file with the photo in the corner and inserted it on track two. My understanding was that the image would overlay the video. This is working great for my close ups and for titles I've downloaded. But with this file I get nothing. It's like it's behind the video instead of on top of it?

If this were publisher or photo software, I'd say the layering was off. I"d do a "bring forward" or "push back" but I can't find anything equivalent to that in PD13.

Suggestions? Thank you!

The order of track appearance is Lower numbered tracks are on the bottom (in back).

Higher numbered tracks overlay lower numbered tracks.

That order can be modified by the use of transparency.

The highest numbered Video track in Powerdirector is the Title Track, Titles put in the Title track are always on top of the other tracks.

When you look at the display of the Timeline, Track 1 is on top, Title is on the bottom, but appearance of video is the reverse.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

pamenamel
Newbie Location: Alpharetta, GA Joined: Dec 15, 2014 18:51 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the quick reply!! I'm looking at the tracks again. I thought I had it right, but maybe not. Pam East
www.pameast.net