Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sub clips PowerDirector13 ?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
It's been awhile since my last communication with the world of PD, I've been busy

I upgraded my PD 12 Ultimate to Director Suite 3 ... plus .. had to re-install it several times after a few crashes etc., .... I've downloaded the beta updates (hoping for that great improvement) and of course the Nvidia update issue which has caused a lot of grief with fellow (suffers) users ... but .. I'm over that now

However on the brighter side of things, I have also achieved a few edit sessions and the final products were gratefully received

I'm just starting new edit and I have just noticed that the ability to make Sub Clips that I raved about in PD 12, has completely disappeared The little folder that appeared when moving your mouse underneath the video clip in the Media Room is no longer available!! Is this an upgrade, cos I want it BACK !!!

PLUS there should be the ability to mark INs & OUTs using the square bracket key.... BUT that doesn't work!

What is going ON !!!

One more question ... I downloaded some templates from CyberLink using the Download Templates button in the PIP Room but they don't show up in PD even though PD gave an indication that they should be there How do I get them in to the system?

It's rainging and stormy outside, typical cold winters day here

Cheers All I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kyle -

I found your earlier reference to sub-clips - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/39179.page#205425

If you're talking about Scene Detection, that feature is still available. Attached screenshot.

Sorry - I can't help you with marking in & out.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Detect Scenes.png]
 Filename
Detect Scenes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
457 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
62 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle -

I found your earlier reference to sub-clips - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/39179.page#205425

If you're talking about Scene Detection, that feature is still available. Attached screenshot.

Sorry - I can't help you with marking in & out.

Cheers - Tony

Doh ! Cheers Tony, I became so used to the sub menu appearing while hovering my mouse better find a new mouse use !

Do you have any idea about making the edit IN "[" & OUT "]" marks work while using the [ & ] keys ?

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.