Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing PowerDirector Path for Custom Templates
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I just installed a 512 GB SSD on my system. I have my OS and all programs on this SSD. I moved all of my documents, pictures, etc. to my old 1TB HDD. I have already changed the properties of my documents to the 1TB HDD so when I click on the Documents icon on my computer it opens the HDD and I can see all of my items (same goes for pictures, videos, etc.).

Unfortunately when I choose to pull up a custom titles, menus, etc. in PowerDirector there is a zero where the custom items should be listed. When I go to the path on the HDD the files are all there. I was unable to find a way to point PowerDirector at the new documents locations to access my custom items.

Is anyone aware of a means to get this done? Will PD only look on the C drive for these items?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2014 19:04

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
A few minutes later and I figured it out.

So let me tell you how to get it done... :

First change the location of the Documents Shortcut by right clicking it > Include a Folder. Navigate to your HDD, and create a new folder called My Documents and click Include Folder.

Then go to C:\Users\YourName and find your MyDocuments folder. Right click on the folder, click on the Location tab, select Move, navigate to the HDD My Documents folder you created earlier click on it and click on Select Folder.

All of your media will be transferred over and all programs that used to point to the My Documents folder on the C drive will now point to the media on the HDD. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
[Post New]
Hi,

Here, is a video showing what you have done. this video was done by WD describing there SSDH Black2 product, I have edited by PD13 a part of it showing your matter above.

Enjoy

Yousef

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yousefz - There is no video link in your above message.