Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing songs
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 11, 2014 11:59 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PD 12 and having trouble getting my music into my production. I can import the songs from my itunes library (using "import files or folders" in the media room) but the songs don't stay on the story line once I close the project and they don't stay in my audio folder in the media room either. So, when I go back to edit the production later the music is gone! Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm using PD 12 and having trouble getting my music into my production. I can import the songs from my itunes library (using "import files or folders" in the media room) but the songs don't stay on the story line once I close the project and they don't stay in my audio folder in the media room either. So, when I go back to edit the production later the music is gone! Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

From what I have seen about itunes you have to export from itunes as a MP3 or WAV file.

Then use that MP3 or WAV file in the PD library.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help!!!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help!!!

You are welcome.

You may need iTunes Pro to export actual files.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I've never heard of iTunes Pro - but I live a long way out of town.

In any case - it's not necessary. Here's how - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22018.page

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote: I've never heard of iTunes Pro - but I live a long way out of town.
Cheers - Tony

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I've never heard of iTunes Pro - but I live a long way out of town.

In any case - it's not necessary. Here's how - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22018.page

Cheers - Tony

Well, Tony I have heard of iTunes but it is obvious I do not use iTunes.

There are so many pieces of software that have cheap or consumer version and a Paid Pro Version that has more capability.

Many times those Pro versions are needed in order to export real files.

Therefore the "Pro" may be needed.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I think you remember that term for upgrading to Quicktime Pro which was mandatory to download quicktime movie trailers at one time. That is not needed anymore since Apple requires you to have iTunes installed on your pc to convert your purchased music to mp3 and also to just view the movie trailers on their site.

There are other ways to convert those aac files to mp3 but I haven't tried them since I have iTunes.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 02. 2014 13:33

jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks everyone! The MP3 format worked and I am now able to import and save my music for my slide show. THANKS GAIN FOR THE GREAT HELP!