Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce Range + packing for export
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
I was so pleased to learn about 'produce range'. Whether it is new to PD13, or whether I didn't see it on PD11 - I'm not sure, but 1Nina told me about it on this forum. It's a great way to produce small parts of the production, saving time later.

However, another great thing is the pack project and export feature.
My question relates to both of these topics.
If I 'produce range', I notice it does NOT replace the section of clips, as...say...the slideshow wizard does.
I am wondering about the most efficient way to pack and export my project, at the very end, with a system that will keep all the clips I used (I learned that off PDToots Tony, thanks!) and will NOT double up on the size of the packed product if I preproduce ranges.

I'm mixed up about producing ranges. If I replace my clips with the produced range, then the clips used will not be in the export? only the produced one will? is that right?
So...how to produce in parts to save time, but also preserve the original clips in the library used, so that I can export them all.
What do you do? Jenny
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jenny -

Firstly, I can take no credit for the Project Management tutorials. The guy who made them - Cranston - is the founder of PDtoots and has been attempting to mentor me since I started using PDR.

You're right - when you select a range and produce it, that produced file does not:
1. replace the range in the timeline (unless you do that manually)
2. find its way to the packed project (unless you do it manually)

I use the Produce Range feature quite often if I have a complex sequence using quite a few tracks & I want to (a) see how it looks or (b) make sure that little sequence doesn't get messed up!

So - if you manually add your pre-produced files to the packed project it will increase the size of your packed project folder. I don't pack the project till the END, which generally includes a number of pre-produced files in the timeline.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!