Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Seeking Graphics Card Recomendations
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
I'm considering upgrading from my current laptop to a more powerful desktop computer.
Does anyone have a recommendation of what kind/model/brand of graphics card I should choose, that based on your experience, runs and works well with PD7? Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Unless you really need one right now, I'd probably wait until the whole GPU encoding settles down and is a released product for PD7. Based on results posted on the web, it will be worth the wait if you can. Sounds like later this yr for target date for PD7 perhaps.

Jeff

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info Jeff!. I think I'll heed your advice.

I'm in no real hurry, it's just that my little laptop here does struggle with running PD when I throw a lot of stuff and efx in the timelines, and from what I understand, it's my current graphics card (which can't be upgraded), that is the main factor in the sluggish performance and lockups/crashes.

If you hear any breaking news on the GPU encoding, I'd sure appreciate a heads up. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

-CP- Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips