Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD video unstable after saying to yes to refresh rate sugesstion - how to fix refresh rate?
mav1c
Newbie Location: Woodbridge, VA Joined: Nov 21, 2014 10:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
We recently upgraded to PowerDVD 14 Ultra. After that, we went to play a BD, and when it got to the point of actually playing the movie (after all the previews), there was a popup about selecting the proper refresh rate, with a check box saying not to show again. Well, my wife selected Yes, and checked the "do not show again" box. Now, when playing the BD movie, the video is jerky and unstable. I can't find where to undo that refresh rate selection. We did NOT have this problem with PowerDVD 13. How do I fix this? Where do I go in the software to change/select the refresh rate? What refresh rate to you suggest? Thanks.
Shine6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 08:03 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have the same problem after upgrading from PowerDVD 11 to 14.

I sleected this option to allow PowerDVD to shift the display rate to 24p/s.

Basically it works - the TV screen reports 24p. However, the display is getting slower ...

It seems that getting into menu 'Player options' and back to the main display fix it.

Actually it looks like a bug.

Any idea?

Thanks!
Shine6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Further testing show it happens when refresh rate is reduced by PowerDVD, switch to 1080 24p for BD and 1080 25p for DVD.

I put in attachment the DEBUG data from BD Advisor (all tests passed).
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_HERCULE_2014_12_30_20_11_28.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DEBUG Data
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
238 time(s)
[Post New]
you need to reset it. powerdvd 14 settings (top most tab), scroll down the page and choose to reset warning or whatever it is called.
Shine6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is what I did.

For some reason, BDROM playback is now stable in 60p - it seems PowerDVD is doing the job.

I have no idea why ...

So I keep saying 'No' asked to play in 24p.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2015 18:47