Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Blue names have the "IDS_DSP" in Windows 8.1
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Those old IDS names have shown up again, and I suspect it was from the FORCED update to 8.1.
I had been refusing that update but after a few months of nagging, Bill Gates finally forced my machine to do it.
Anyhoo, is anybody having that IDS foolishness again? These are only in New Blue Motion FX and Paint FX.
Side note: I can no longer remove PD11 because I think W8.1 deleted a certain file to allow it. That Billy Gates boy... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry -

That's weird! I wouldn't have thought a system update would interfere in that way.

On the NewBlue FX names, have you checked the .xml files at C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue to see that they're in order? (not that you should have to)

I don't actually have the Motion & Paint effects installed any more, so I can't check the appropriate strings in the .xml filesm but say for Art Effects there's an .xml file called NewBlue_PlugIn_ArtEffectsBundleForPDR_ENU

If you open that document, look under String Table. The first entry under String Group should say:
stringID: IDS_DSP_V1_NEWBLUE_PASTEL_SKETCH
stringCaption: NewBlue_Pastel Sketch
- that's the name that's applied in the PD interface

If you don't want to bother with that, maybe re-installing on top of the Windows 8.1 update might resolve it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm doing the re-install as I type, Tony. Of course I had to hunt for the CLcleaner tool, I'm gonna add THAT link to my site if I ever get any time. Oy.
It's just another flavor of fun in the layer-cake of issues involved with the oh-so-time-consuming hobby/business of video.
I'll keep you all updated, as well as New Blue, who got back to me in a few hours on a SUNDAY. Their download was no different, but they did respond. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
OK, so...
a re-install of PD11 fixed the naming issues, and also allowed me to then remove it (PD11) successfully.
I would also like to add it completely removed the 2 New Blue bundles that came with it (the ill-named ones).
That fact is just about the stupidest bit of programming I can think of (other than the Obama-care website).
So, I guess I'll re-install PD11, then try and find the relevant New Blue folders to save.
Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth the hassle...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2014 16:03

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The CL Cleaner tool is no longer recommended by CyberLink support, unnecessary for PDR13. I wouldn't choose to use as it* (the little program) just "fools" the control panel and little else.
*CL Cleaner for any of the earlier PDR12/11/10 builds.
After CLCleaner was activated etc, PDR could still be used to edit with etc but not uninstalled via the Control Panel.
Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 10. 2014 12:44