Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Converting anaglyph to a "real" 3D format
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if it's possible to convert an anaglyph 3D file into an under-over or side-by-side format? Jerry Schwartz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Does anyone know if it's possible to convert an anaglyph 3D file into an under-over or side-by-side format?

Unlikely Jerry, in my view.
Dafydd
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have had some success in previous versions of PD outputing anaglyph 3D to side by side. This can be seen on my You Tube videos, but since my machine (monitor only supports anaglyph) I am not sure how they view on a bonified 3D monitor using side by side. I picked the side by side output when producing the final production, on some and You tube done the translation on some others.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I thought it was a far fetched idea.

My reason for asking is that using anaglyphs on a big 3D TV seemed like a stupid waste.

NASA sent a 3D camera up to the ISS, and they've taken some amazing footage; but it's strictly anaglyph, so far as I know. Because they are published by the US government, they are not copyright protected (at least insofar as US citizens go).

http://mentalfloss.com/article/59923/astronauts-iss-put-gopro-sphere-water

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 07. 2014 13:11

Jerry Schwartz