Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please Help - Attempting To Use 24FPS and 30 FPS In Same Project
[Post New]
Hi there,

New to the forum, as I have never had an issue with PD before.

I have a show on youtube, that I have been producing once a week for 90 weeks using PowerDirector 9 exclusively. One day, it just up and stopped working. I drop a video in and it just freezes. Anyways, I downloaded the new PowerDirector 13 and this is where my troubles really start.

Simply put, I want to use videos with an FPS of 23.97 (24) and videos with 30 FPS. I can make videos perfectly with solely the 30 FPS stuff, but the second I put in anything with 24 FPS and attempt a save, it will crash. Attempt to produce, it will freeze and crash.

I am very frustrated as PowerDirector 9 has let me use these exact same files for years in the same timeline with zero troubles with not even the slightest mention of FPS at all.

How do I create projects with videos that use two different FPS with PowerDirector 13?

It seems ridiculous to me that this is happening with the newer version. And many, many inexperienced users I'm sure need this function available.

PLEASE HELP. Seriously, please. My show must go on!

Thanks.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
PD13 and all it's predecessors can handle multi-frame per second items within one project.

Please give us the details on your PC and apps (see top of this forum page on how) and lots of senior members will gladly assist you. Win 10, i7
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
I am very frustrated as PowerDirector 9 has let me use these exact same files for years in the same timeline with zero troubles with not even the slightest mention of FPS at all.
You give no details about your system. I can only speculate, of course, but your PC may have been up to the task with PDR9 for all those years, but may not have what it takes for PDR13. That could be part of the problem. Did you check system requirements here?: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate/spec_en_US.html Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
Photosam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2013 12:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Very bad in PDR13 (and older PDR-s too):
- 24fps is NOT 24 ! 23.97 !
- 30fps is NOT 30.00, 23.97 !

For this reason, all rendered sync problems of material , " frozen" at the end of each frame scenes, and also the back - up.

Fuji W3 Real3D sub - filming , but it is impossible to render correctly in the PDR13 .
The Fuji3D 24.00 fps recording , but there is no such project format , only 23.97 !
In vain I made 24.00 fps rendering profile of the material useless !
The problem can only be resolved, if his own and correct fps and can be adjusted in the PDR project will NOT rated for 24- 23.97 is written and the real rate WRONG !
Therefore, I switched on the Magix there any pictures rate adjustment and correct, the rendered videos too !
24.00fps=24.00 fps, NOT 23.97 !
30fps=30.00fps, NOT 29.97 !
29.97=29.97 !
and
23.97=23.97 fps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Missing all correct fps project formats isn PDR !
BAD !

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Tiber,
congratulations, your first post is a hijack! So cool.
Now then, read this... http://www.dslrvideocollege.com/video-frame-rate-fps
This is the relevant part.
"While whole numbers are displayed for NTSC frame rates, they may actually represent fractional frame rates. For example, 30 is actually 29.97 and 24 is actually 23.98. The fractional frame rates are used to be compatible with electricity, color, and a whole bunch of other technical specs that are beyond the range of my understanding."
Please study this material and if you are asking for assistance please start your own thread.
You will find much help here, as long as you don't keep complaining. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there,

New to the forum, as I have never had an issue with PD before.

I have a show on youtube, that I have been producing once a week for 90 weeks using PowerDirector 9 exclusively. One day, it just up and stopped working. I drop a video in and it just freezes. Anyways, I downloaded the new PowerDirector 13 and this is where my troubles really start.

Simply put, I want to use videos with an FPS of 23.97 (24) and videos with 30 FPS. I can make videos perfectly with solely the 30 FPS stuff, but the second I put in anything with 24 FPS and attempt a save, it will crash. Attempt to produce, it will freeze and crash.

How do I create projects with videos that use two different FPS with PowerDirector 13?

It seems ridiculous to me that this is happening with the newer version. And many, many inexperienced users I'm sure need this function available.

PLEASE HELP. Seriously, please. My show must go on!

Thanks.

I think you have a problem with your PC, as you say PD9 gave error, and continues with error in PD13.
Here I do not care with FPS the original video, I always saved in NTSC (30 fps = 29.970 fps) AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Photosam [Avatar]
[Post New]
Standard is not , but I talked videófeldolgozásról wrong .
Mathematically not equal to the 24 - 23.97 , etc .
While the video recording 24.00fps NOT mess up a working program with 24.00 , they should not be read after me (which I translated a lot of time in 40 years ) , but the program makers .
But most of all it would be helpful to try out .
All video program I use Pinnacle , Sony Vegas Pro, Magix Video Pro X5-6 , Corel and Pinnacle is also included , as these are errors, but the PDR useless sync problems rendering videos .
Not to mention the fact that materials are recorded at different speeds inability to correctly render a project.
Simple solution :
Projects should be of configuring the size of the image and sebessgégét like . Magixnál or the SVP at etc .
Fuji Real3D W3 is a world-renowned camera , the PDR was useless , but here sorolhanám up a wealth of 30.00 fps working video camera or digital camera , because those can sync problems , frozen -ended action scenes , as the PDR was 30 not 30 !
The 24 to 24- NOT !
More than 40 years cameraman and photo-illustrator I am aware of the dropped frames in the PAL , NTSC standards, etc; but not for you should be aware of , but also the development of PDR !
Photosam [Avatar]
[Post New]
The error is pretty old , according to the PDR can not be an AVI 16: 9 aspect ratio .
Why is that?
A lot of material they render HD 16 : 9 AVI ( Xvid MP3 codec for example . ) With other programs , as do the AVI to 16: 9 aspect ratio.
However, if we look at the original standard, you can put the program was unnecessary because originally 320x240 15fps , but it was the last millennium ...
I have worked with him ...

:)
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
The link supplies by Barrythecrab is nevertheless very clear!!! Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
Photosam [Avatar]
[Post New]
The fastest in the PDR could work, but simply rendered unusable in this matter , now here, now there, slipping a mean speed for the failed project.
A 24.00 fps 23.97 fps material only be treated to render it useless to the people in the PDR-rated "24" fps , which is NOT 24, but 23.97, it will be bad.
And I've tried all the variations, the only solution is to handle the substance of the recording speed.
Right is based on the sound, so I have a nice little picture hangs at the end of each scene . Not everything and not all transitions can not get rid of , because on the one hand is pictured not always be justified , on the other hand, back - up occurs on a fault , not periodically !
You can try !
I would not attempt it on them because they need to clearly change the PDR-en , until I am forced to work on something else .
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Tiber,
I will not respond to you on this thread.
You have hijacked this thread and continue. Your issue is different and should be dedicated to you, but it seems you know everything.
Crab...out! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tiber,
Unfortunately you have entered your posts on another editor's thread and by doing so you have taken the topic onto a tangential issue. I'm sure you have valid reasons for doing so but on this forum you must start a new topic for your issue/observation/problem.

Here is the link for you to start a new topic : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=146

Please do not add any further to this thread and allow the OP to respond to the assistance being given.

hijacking = taking over another editor's thread.
OP = Original Poster (forum member/editor)

Please look up: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40361.page

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2015 13:29

Photosam [Avatar]
[Post New]
(I do not understand everything in English, sorry .)
They do not deal with the thing: I look forward to the patch from the developers , they also deleted the PDR is because I can not use the current state.
I loved working with him (since I used the version 2 " PowerVCR " was, if I remember correctly ), but because of the simultaneous failure of Magix I have to work with.
PDR is a lack of real time stabilizer, the particle 's Editor and drawing, etc. but the series rendered defective material, so I can not use it.
I'll wait until then and all the best!