Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
reset normalization of audio
pospiech02 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2014 17:20 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I applied the normalization of audio to my movie.
This works, but it consists of only single video with background music cut into several pieces.
Now every part of this movie has a different background music level, which sound simply wrong.

I would now like to remove all normalization settings, however setting the db to zero does this only for single time point, not for the whole clip nor the whole film.

So how can I reset the audio to the original state?
[Post New]
Quote: I applied the normalization of audio to my movie.
This works, but it consists of only single video with background music cut into several pieces.
Now every part of this movie has a different background music level, which sound simply wrong.

I would now like to remove all normalization settings, however setting the db to zero does this only for single time point, not for the whole clip nor the whole film.

Select all clips, right click and select, Restore to Original Volume Level.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 02. 2014 21:01

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
pospiech02 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2014 17:20 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you. That was not obvious. I would rather expect it in the audio room.
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you. That was not obvious. I would rather expect it in the audio room.

The Normalize PD, objective equalize the volume level between various audio files (video).

If it is applied to only one audio file, nothing happens.

If an audio file is cut into pieces, and use Normalize will destroy the ups and downs of the music.

In PD13 was implemented, very good function to adjust the volume.

See the wave peaks audio yellow, it indicates that the volume level is above normal, act to control the volume adjusts the point of appearing and disappearing yellow color, is the standard volume, I think.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2014 15:06

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate