Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to move photos in Photo Director 4?
nastypup [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2009 14:42 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I have photos from 4 photo shoots that I want to combine by person. I need them to be combined into a particular sequence. I can't figure out how to move individual photos to the correct positions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[Post New]
Hello nastypup,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum

PhD sorts photos by name only, in the same way that Windows Explorer sorts by name, so they cannot be "moved" in the way you wish.

In the Slideshow module photos can be arranged in whatever way you wish, but that may not be what you're after.

I'm unclear about your reason for wanting to import in a particular order, but the easiest thing would be to rename the photos in their original folders so they're in the sequence you need - then import them into PhD.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your requirements.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
nastypup [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2009 14:42 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Renaming 3000 photos wasn't exactly what I had in mind.
[Post New]
I'm sorry that wasn't what you had in mind.

One way or another, you'd need to re-order them one by one anyway. Whether it's in PhD or Windows, it would still be a decent task.

You'd probably find that renaming software would help make it easier, and save you a lot of time. I user one called "ReNamer" but there are quite a few free ones available. I use it for similar purposes to yours - to get photos grouped & ordered for inclusion in a presentation.

Not exactly sure how you have the 4 camera shoot photos organised at the moment, but I:
a. put them in sub-folders
b. rename the files in each folder (using ReNamer) - prefixed to reflect the required order
c. import all the photos into the project.

PIX
PIX YouTube channel