Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where to enter Adorage license key (serial)
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
So I bit the bullet and upgraded to PD13 Ultimate with Adorage. On CL's download page for the 5 separate files, they have a serial key for PD13 and Adorage, but when installing Adorage it never asked me for it, and I don't see a place to enter it in the stand-alone program. According to the online Adorage manual pdf:
During installation, you are prompted to enter a licence key. If you have received the software via
download, this licence key was included with the e-mail sent to you providing download instructions.

I was never prompted for that license key. Anyone else know what to do?

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Russel; does it work? Perhaps it is built in or perhaps it will ask later. I don;t remember putting in a key.

If you have never used it, drage the Adorage icon between two images/videos and then right clcik to modify. In the screen that shows up, you can change the duration and the type of transition. Just below the type is a button that says something like "Stand Alone". Click on that and a new window will open You can then select the one you want.

Note that I just installed the program into a brand new computer on Friday so I think I would have remembered a different code. BUT I am getting older. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So I bit the bullet and upgraded to PD13 Ultimate with Adorage. On CL's download page for the 5 separate files, they have a serial key for PD13 and Adorage, but when installing Adorage it never asked me for it, and I don't see a place to enter it in the stand-alone program. According to the online Adorage manual pdf:
During installation, you are prompted to enter a licence key. If you have received the software via
download, this licence key was included with the e-mail sent to you providing download instructions.

I was never prompted for that license key. Anyone else know what to do?

Russell1967

Did you purchase a separate package for Adorage?

Most software has a place to enter that information or tell you the information in the program. Right Click or Left Click Help, there may be a place to enter your serial number.

PD13 has one built-in and does not require a separate serial number.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
PD13 Ultimate comes with proDad Adorage pack 9 and 13 (which are combined into one program). After installation, the installer for Adorage asks if you want to run the program right away since it can be run as a stand alone program as well as a plug-in. It seems to work fine, and I can see the #9 effects and the #13 effects nodes in the program. I haven't used Adorage within PD yet. I just can't figure out why CL sent me a license key for it if it's not needed. No big deal as long as it works, I guess!

I looked all over the standalone program, Carl, and found nowhere to enter a license key. I can't imagine they would make it this hard to find if it's required, though.

Maybe it'll ask for it later?

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
[Post New]
Maybe it's there if they produce an update or something, they have a few patches for it on their website, the latest being support for PD13. Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Mainboard : Intel i7 2700k @ 3.6ghz: 12 gb DDR3 Kingston ram:
2TB WD Black HD's: Asus GTX970 4gb ram: Windows 10 Pro 64bit:

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Russell1967 -

If it's of any comfort to you, I've purchased a couple of Adorage volumes. They've been supplied with a "key" but it hasn't been required in every installation. I've done a few because of complete uninstalls/re-installs of EVERYTHING. Sometimes it asks for the key - other times not

After purchase, the email included this statement: "For your maximum comfort, the registration is already solved with your order."... which could mean a couple of things, but it was nice they were concerned about my well-being

Bottom line - if it works, don't worry about it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Russell1967
[Post New]
It seems to work fine for me - standalone and within PD13 - so I'm not going to worry about it. I have the license key saved if I ever need it.