CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New version of SVRT working well
Reply to this topic
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 660 Offline
[Post New]
Used SVRT at 4K several times and I like the new automatic approach.

Well done! 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 5106 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT still has it's quirks, as in this example. When clip is at time 0:00, SVRT shows not available, move clip down the timeline a little, SVRT now green with a custom profile. Obviously a bug. However, even though SVRT shows green that it would be available with custom profile, SVRT not available during produce with custom profile.

It can be a good feature when it works, just a little sporadic from time to time.

Jeff
[Thumb - SVRT issue2.png]
 Filename
SVRT issue2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
84 time(s)
[Thumb - SVRT issue.png]
 Filename
SVRT issue.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
78 time(s)
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 660 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff ,

it was one of the features that made me buy PD11. But it was a disappointment, even in PD12, with transitions it occasionally would have severe defects at the point of scene change.

Played with it a bit in 13 and the video was totally clean and rendered much faster.

Also I like the idea that it appears to copy the video parameters, bit rate,etc exactly.

Looked at your picture,to allow SVRT for a single file some box has to be checked in setup?

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2014 01:09

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
[Post New]
Quote: Also I like the idea that it appears to copy the video parameters, bit rate,etc exactly.

Well that's the whole idea - not re-render the file if not needed, maintain the video as-is. Just render around transitions.
Unfortunately, in PD 12, I have still to see it active...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2014 09:38

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 5106 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Looked at your picture,to allow SVRT for a single file some box has to be checked in setup?

Yes, that box can be important. Pref > Produce > Allow SVRT on single.... I do not know all the camera footage that it might apply to, I do know that it's a must for all Canon footage of mine. If unticked, PD will use SVRT on the first clip prior to a transition between video clips and then everything after the transition will be re-encoded. When ticked, only the transition region will be re-encoded as required and then the next clip will get SVRT applied again, hence no re-encoding.

It appears to be just a trial and error setting with your own footage and timeline and one needs to monitor effects and adjust accordingly. The green/red SVRT track in the timeline is of little use as it's not correct in these situations, you need to monitor computer load to determine what was actually done during the produce stage.

For me I also see "unique" situations, for instance a transition applied between two video clips will cause all remaining clips to be re encoded when unticked as I indicated above, however, if the same transition is applied between a video and a picture, then that's okay for some reason, SVRT will continue to be used on the video after the pic even when unticked. If the transition is applied both into and out of the pic, then it's a must that the option is ticked again.

As I indicated, if it works for one's timeline and footage and they are happy with the results, it can be very beneficial, it is just sporadic.

Jeff
Reply to this topic