Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tutorials won’t play on PD Director Zone website
Fontasy77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2013 18:52 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

I’ve come up against a curious problem that I thought was a fault of the Director Zone website and would be corrected. Now I’m not so sure.

For months now, whenever I go to Cyberlink’s Director Zone site for tutorials -- http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/pdr/# --
none of the tutorials will play.

A simple thing happens every single time to any of the tutorials I click on. Let’s say I click for instance on “PIP Designer and Masks”. Instead of opening up the 4:26 video and playing it, the screen image slides downward, revealing the promo image at the top of the screen that says “PowerDirector -- Complete Editing Tools for the Video Creative Experts”. That image includes a huge play button, but clicking on that does nothing.

I’ve resorted to finding PD videos on youtube, which works OK. But I wonder why the videos on the Director Zone website simply won’t play for me.

Thanks for your help.

Don
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Edit-see tomasc's post below (sign-in should not be necessary).

You may need to sign in using your Cyberlink account first to be able to play tutorials and use other features in DirectorZone. You can go to the website and sign in or you can sign in directly from PowerDirector in the upper right corner of the window. You can also set preferences to automatically sign you in whenever you start PowerDirector.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 29. 2014 23:02

Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I just went to the directorzone website using Fontasy's link on a friend's notebook and played the tutorials just fine. This pc never had PD12 installed and no one is signed in. Using IE10. Sometimes you might want to try is to use Google chrome if you happen to be using win xp. If not then reseting IE to defaults and allowing cookies may help. If that doesn't work then clearing the temporary internet files should fix it.
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for adding your insight tomasc. I am using Waterfox and I use private browsing mode. In my case, logging in takes care of the issue. Mike B.
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just went back to my own pc and started IE11, Start Inprivate Browsing, then went to the forum, click on Fontasy's link and the tutorials work without my signing in. Never tried the Waterfox browser. This is interesting that I accomplish this on a friend's notebook that never browse any of the cyberlink websites before.

Maybe another contributor can shed another opinion. My comments on IE if it was used is valid.
:
fkaMikeB
[Post New]
No. You are right. Everything you said works the same for me with any other browser. I was merely commenting (not very clearly) that my settings in Waterfox are getting the same behavior that Fontasy described. I will edit my posts as they just confuse the matter, obviously. Mike B.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks flaMikeB for your comment. Fontasy might want to try holding the Ctrl key before clicking on a link. He or she never said which browser was used. All browsers have their quirks and what is necessary on one browser is not necessary on another. I assume IE since it is the default browser for windows unless it is changed.
Fontasy77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2013 18:52 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hello fkaMikeB and tomasc,

Thanks much. You got me experimenting and now I can view the tutorials -- but ONLY if I switch from my usual Firefox browser and use IE (which I never ever ever use).

I usually go to the directorzone tutorials directly from my PD project (by clicking in the upper right), but tutorials will not play. But even with Firefox, if I go to the Cyberlink promotional page for PD -- http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-deluxe/tutorials_en_US.html -- the sample tutorials there play fine. It's only when I switch to directorzone -- http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/pdr/# -- that I'm shut down.

It's a mystery, it's a misery, to me. But at least I've got an end-run around the problem, by making use of IE, a browser I haven't used in years.

Thanks much for your help on this.

Don

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You Fontasy for clearing up which browser you were using. Most websites are written and optimized for a particular version of IE. Still there are websites that don't work well or correctly with IE because of programming errors and that is one reason why people switch. Not all websites work with every browser as you have found. If IE don't work on some websites after a while, then the maintenance I mentioned earlier should fix it. Happy Browsing.
awriternot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2015 23:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I know this is a little old, but I have the exact same problem that you have described. I've tried to play these in both the Chrome & Firefox browsers (both of which are up to date versions). It's incredibly frustrating.