Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink does not listen.
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Many have pointed out, I too, difficulties and failures.
Such as creating disc menus. In 13 it work?
At least 5 years expect changes. Very disappointed.

W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Many have pointed out, I too, difficulties and failures.
Such as creating disc menus. In 13 it work?
At least 5 years expect changes. Very disappointed.

They must listen some, they have made some changes in the Disk Menu in PD 13.
The first big change in years.
You can now create a Text only Menu.

Menu Designer Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-do66vpFeA

It is not easy to see the changes in the Menu Designer at first look.
The Tutorial above does show the changes.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: They must listen some, they have made some changes in the Disk Menu in PD 13.

Menu Designer Tutorial

Now that's almost funny. PD7 had txt only as well as motion thumbnails and still pics for chapters. It was removed in PD8. A long outstanding request by many users since then to put back in. Now 6 years since it was removed, you want to view as big? Let's be real, the whole big change in the menu designer for PD13 is like lipstick on a pig, unbelievable. Dev crew should be embarrassed for such a release.

Pic attached of PD7 create disc interface and dialogs for proof. Motion templates as well as text only templates supplied with release for users to build on.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD7_DVDMenu.png]
 Filename
PD7_DVDMenu.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
482 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
124 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: They must listen some, they have made some changes in the Disk Menu in PD 13.

Menu Designer Tutorial

Now that's almost funny. PD7 had txt only as well as motion thumbnails and still pics for chapters. It was removed in PD8. A long outstanding request by many users since then to put back in. Now 6 years since it was removed, you want to view as big? Let's be real, the whole big change in the menu designer for PD13 is like lipstick on a pig, unbelievable. Dev crew should be embarrassed for such a release.

Pic attached of PD7 create disc interface and dialogs for proof. Motion templates as well as text only templates supplied with release for users to build on.

Jeff

My first introduction to PowerDirector was a Version 3 bundled version (DE?) It is the last time I remember seeing a Text Menu with live links.

I had Version 7 for a little while before getting PowerDirector 8 Ultra.
I did not remember a text menu in Version 7 Ultra.

It is very hard for me to install my Version 7 because it was an upgrade from PowerProducer 5. Which means install PowerProducer 5 then Powerdirector 7. They are not installed on any of my computers anymore.

While on the subject of PD 13, I installed Director Suite 3, in the process it removed my WaveEditor 2 for Powerdirector 9. Now no WaveEditor from the timeline in PD 9.

Why not let all parts of other full versions live on the same computer. No reason not, WE 2 was installed in a different folder.
When I tried to run the WaveEditor setup from the installation CD, It wanted to remove the new Version of WE from Director Suite 3.

So I canceled the install of WE2.

Cyberlink does strange things that do not make sense to me.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.