Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Cascade" of still photos
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I would like to know the best way of producing a "cascade" of still photos (preferably on a black background) that fall (and optionally turn and spin or twist) from top to bottom in a sort of "falling leaf" type of way... I am producing a video of my daughters wedding that combines both still and video and would like to start the video in this way...

Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
[Post New]
There is programs that do much automatically, After Efects, Proshow and others, if no slideshow or styler PD 12 serves for you is the way to do manually is a lot of work but can be done.
The good part, it will give the same movement for many photos, you can use the Copy Keyframes in photo 1, Paste keyframes, the selected photos.
If you are lucky you may be someone who already has a project and will share with you. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi playsound,

Thank you for your reply. I do not want to buy additional software for this as it will be a one-off project... I was hoping that someone had done something similar to what I want to achieve and point me in the right direction.... My initial thoughts were to use the pip editor to do each still photo and then somehow combine all of the parts together ...

Regards

2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi playsound,

Thank you for your reply. I do not want to buy additional software for this as it will be a one-off project... I was hoping that someone had done something similar to what I want to achieve and point me in the right direction.... My initial thoughts were to use the pip editor to do each still photo and then somehow combine all of the parts together ...

Regards

Alan

Have you checked out the slide show templates?

They do many things with photos.

Edit: correct spelling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2014 16:08

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl312,

Thank-you for your reply! No, I haven't had a look at the slide show templates but I will when I get home! Are there any that spring to mind that may help or be a starting point as to what I want to achieve?

Regards,

2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You might watch some of the tutorials that PDtoots has on Slide Shows.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30026.page

Scroll down to 'Slide Shows'.

You can put some images on the timeline (Select all), then select Slide Show on top and look at the various Templates available.

You can get a preview of the actions before you commit.

There may be more templates on Director Zone.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl312,

Thank-you for your reply! I have had a quick look at the PDToots stufff (I subscribed to these ages ago!) and they do look interesting. I also had a look on the Director Zone but I couldn't find any specific slide show stuff... perhaps I am not looking in the right place?

Regards,

2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl312,

Thank-you for your reply! I have had a quick look at the PDToots stufff (I subscribed to these ages ago!) and they do look interesting. I also had a look on the Director Zone but I couldn't find any specific slide show stuff... perhaps I am not looking in the right place?

Regards,

Alan

You are probably looking in the right place, I don't find any Slide Show Templates either.

I did see some Magic Style templates.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/effect/MGS#MGS_-1_rateCount_0_ALL_WORLDWIDE_thumb_1

Building your own slide show is not difficult. I usually do build my own.

It is very easy to make a Slide Show in Powerdirector. How much you do is a matter of how detailed you want a slide show to be.

You can use transitions, and magic motion or magic style to build a slide show.
How much work you want to apply is up to you. From very simple to very complicated.