Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ihave a question on the Travel winner video "I Love Camping."
Buckles [Avatar]
Member Location: Klamath Falls, OR Joined: Aug 26, 2014 17:04 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
The video time line show media clips on 3 different tracks when they could have been placed on one single track. What is the benefit to using 3 tracks?
[Post New]
Quote: The video time line show media clips on 3 different tracks when they could have been placed on one single track. What is the benefit to using 3 tracks?

You could add a image, sample or link here? AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I think this is the link:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/13329903?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=videoPlayed&utm_campaign=13329903

For me the video is excellent. Very well done and kept my attention, toe tapping to the music the whole video journey. A winner!!!

Who knows why the editor chose to use the multiple video tracks, I counted 4 video tracks and one dedicated music audio track. Maybe it was a logistical choice that made sense to the editor. Maybe each track was from a different camera. Or maybe ???.... who knows....maybe the editor visits this forum and can shed some light on his method of arranging his timeline.

What I thought made this video special was besides the opening title....not a single distracting graphic or superfluous transition was used. just great and inventive camera work cutting from one scene to the next in quick succession. telling an interesting story.

Excellent music choice....excellent camera shots....great use of time lapse where it made an impact.....a true winner.

I Loved it!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2014 13:11

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
Thanks for posting the link.

You already gave the right answer, the PD this freedom for editing, I noticed that below is the track with the video ready and still an extra audio track, no matter, keeping up with the tracks editing allows us to see in detail how it was done that's good. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hopefully I posted the correct link Playsound.
A great example of "Less is More".

There were some other excellent videos that entered the contest too.
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is an excellent video indeed. Looking at the timeline, everything is explainable. In the end, track 10 is the only track that matters and the sound clip on the microphone track to produce the final video.

To create this video, lenart placed clips on tracks 1, 2, and 4 for editing and a single I Love Travel clip on track 10 for alignment. He then removed that single clip on track 10 and produced the video and then placed it on track 10 with the I Love Travel header clip in front and produced it again as the final video and uploaded it to Vimeo. He did it this way in order for you to be able see the timeline on Directorzone on what he did.

Others might have done this differently like using the music track instead of the microphone track, etc. The result would have been the same. Again, the timeline allows others to see any templates used. That is why he left tracks 1, 2, and 4 for you to see. Technically he needed all those tracks to produce the video on track 10 but not for the final video. I am glad that he left those tracks for all to see.
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
What I thought made this video special was besides the opening title....not a single distracting graphic or superfluous transition was used. just great and inventive camera work cutting from one scene to the next in quick succession. telling an interesting story.

Agreed, Cap'n!! Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|