Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 Black Screen of clip in timeline! Plays fine in WMP
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
PD12 - 2930 build. Win7 - 64bit

Issue #1:
I've drag'ed clips onto the time line and have been creating dvds but have noticed this one clip just shows up as a 'black screen' sort of image. This clip was shot about the same time as the rest of the clips that play fine. I've even created a dvd and it is all black at that timeframe section of the video.

This 'black screen' clip - plays FINE in Windows Media Player(WMP). The audio portion of the clip is still there in PE12 editor - as I hear the audio from the clip - it's just the video is black!

Timeline frame rate is set at 60fps(NTSC) - set in 'settings' under the 'gear' icon. When I check the properties of the clip in the menu room or in the folder where it is stored, it states the frame rate is 59.94 fps.

Issue #2:
I've shot a clip from my camera while it was dangling on the strap and then picked it up and was shooting an underwater release of a fish. When I drag this clip from the folder in my computer and place it into the Media room - the clip has rotated 90 degrees clockwise and I can see it in the media room! I am not insane! This is really happening! I did and do not want this clip rotated as when the clip plays out in PD12, the fish is then oriented vertically and if underwater and 'up and down' was how the water is flowing - doesn't make much sense does it?

Well please let me apologize if this sounds too confusing but I just thought I'd ask about these issues I've been experiencing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

CS
CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PD12 - 2930 build. Win7 - 64bit

Issue #1:
I've drag'ed clips onto the time line and have been creating dvds but have noticed this one clip just shows up as a 'black screen' sort of image. This clip was shot about the same time as the rest of the clips that play fine. I've even created a dvd and it is all black at that timeframe section of the video.

This 'black screen' clip - plays FINE in Windows Media Player(WMP). The audio portion of the clip is still there in PE12 editor - as I hear the audio from the clip - it's just the video is black!

Timeline frame rate is set at 60fps(NTSC) - set in 'settings' under the 'gear' icon. When I check the properties of the clip in the menu room or in the folder where it is stored, it states the frame rate is 59.94 fps.

Issue #2:
I've shot a clip from my camera while it was dangling on the strap and then picked it up and was shooting an underwater release of a fish. When I drag this clip from the folder in my computer and place it into the Media room - the clip has rotated 90 degrees clockwise and I can see it in the media room! I am not insane! This is really happening! I did and do not want this clip rotated as when the clip plays out in PD12, the fish is then oriented vertically and if underwater and 'up and down' was how the water is flowing - doesn't make much sense does it?

Well please let me apologize if this sounds too confusing but I just thought I'd ask about these issues I've been experiencing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

CS
CS

The wmv file may be corrupt or doesn't comply with the parameters set for wmv in PDR12 (guessing). You should seek out a video converter program (free ones are available) and run the wmv through it - render to the same wmv format and you should then be ok.

The video you have that's swiveled - that could be a codec recognition issue. Does it happen with all video captured from that camera? If it does, please provide a 5 second sample video.
Dafydd
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Issue #1:
The file format of that clip is .MOV not .wmv - still I could run it through a video converter program and see what happens - thanks.

Issue#2:
The rotation of that clip has only happened to THAT clip. Other clips from the same camera and time period - all shot on the same SD card, are not and have not been rotated.

It's just weird! It's like something has tried to recognize the scene(in its original orientation) and wanted my leg to be vertical - which, since the camera is dangling on its strap from my wrist, should be horizontal(as viewed from a normal shooting perspective). -if that makes any... any sense at all. again apologies for any confusion.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive