Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 keeps crashing - CES_Cacheagent.exe has stopped working
Charles_I
Newbie Location: Toronto Canada Joined: Jul 05, 2012 15:23 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
The last time I used PD 11 was about a year ago on the same PC I'm using now (Windows without any problems. Now I can't use it for more than 10 minutes (roughly) without getting the CES_Cacheagent.exe crash. Any idea why? I have sent the crash report in. I've also upgraded to build 3625.

Thanks
Charles
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I found this in searching the forums. Pwerhaps it will be of some help:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14248.page;jsessionid=36DC8889581CC9701ADEC88763964475

Also what antivirus are you using. Do you use a Registry Cleaner (either stand alone or as part of the antivirus)? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Charles_I
Newbie Location: Toronto Canada Joined: Jul 05, 2012 15:23 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
It suddenly stopped crashing after several days without me doing anything. No idea why but it seems to be OK now.
Rhondaiscyberlink1bitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2012 12:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I do not know if you do business with Cyberlink but just in case I would like to let you know they are selling defective software and then forcing their customers to pay $30 more for tech support. I can't even get the software installed properly and they refuse to help unless I purchase their tech support. Please do not do business with them. They are running a big scam. If you know of any entity I could call to report them it would be greatly appreciated
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I do not know if you do business with Cyberlink but just in case I would like to let you know they are selling defective software and then forcing their customers to pay $30 more for tech support. I can't even get the software installed properly and they refuse to help unless I purchase their tech support. Please do not do business with them. They are running a big scam. If you know of any entity I could call to report them it would be greatly appreciated

Check out: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40352.page#208470
Dafydd