Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Background Music within Cyberlink Powerdirector 17
D-Workshop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2019 02:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Final (almost) update on the background music issue...

In short: There's a 50% chance that the background music will receive a copyright notification on YouTube, but if you take a few minutes to file a dispute there's a 100% chance that it will be resolved in your favour.

Cheers - Tony

There is no 100% chance that it will be resolved in your favour. I've used Power Director background music in 2 of my videos and I have 4 claims, so I made 4 disputes. 3 are still waiting, 1 was rejected "Cannon in D".

Honestly I'm disappointed that Cyber Link didn't find some better solution. One of the reasons to take the subscribtion was the music, I think I'll just move to standard single license when my subscribtion is over, because I won't use the music it doesn't worth the troubles after.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi D-Workshop -

You're probably right. I shouldn't have written "there's a 100% chance". Sorry. What I should have stated is "almost 100%".

From the testing I've done, only one track has had its dispute rejected

There are quite a few tracks in the Background Music collections that are based on Pachelbel's Canon. The one titled "Pachelbel - String Quartet - Canon in D" had its claim released straight after I filed the dispute. Is this the one you mean? Maybe you are referring to this one? That one had its claim released too.

Anyway - I totally agree with you. The licensing ought to be such that all this fiddling around isn't necessary.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2019 04:52

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Final wrap for Classical background music collection...

10 tracks posted to YouTube
9 received copyright claim notificactions, & all were disputed.
5 claims were released soon after disputes were filed.
The other 4 have now lapsed, after 30 days of no response from the claimant.

Summary of background music checks:
190 tracks tested
After claims & disputes, only 1 track was not resolved (i.e. it still has a copyright flag).

Cheers - Tony
TheClique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2018 02:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I just recieved a copyright notice using CyberLink approved music.

This is extremely disapointing as I heavily promote the ease of use and the clarity of this program.

I have deleted all my background music and uninstalled those components - I don't have 30 days to wait for an order to be removed, I am a small provider. We do lots of interesting stuff as you can see here http://cliq.im/youtube

But I also cannot afford to stuff around with music, so I am going to be recommending other options in the future, but largely, this puts my yearly subscription in question as i liked the music I was getting and used a piece from the latest offering that was flagged.

Cyberlink, you need to find a better solution, maybe we register our channels with Adv or we simply unsubscribe from your music offerings and then you need to post that you cannot offer safe music.

If you have 30 days to wait for a dispute, you are lucky, it takes up to 3 hours to upload a single video in Australia and I don't have time to try and try again until it works without a copyright notice.

Thanks for your brilliant program, but extremely upset I have to redo an 1hour long video vlog because your music got me off side with YouTube.
[Thumb - Annotation 2019-10-01 064857.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2019-10-01 064857.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote Well, I just recieved a copyright notice using CyberLink approved music.

This is extremely disapointing as I heavily promote the ease of use and the clarity of this program.

I have deleted all my background music and uninstalled those components - I don't have 30 days to wait for an order to be removed, I am a small provider. We do lots of interesting stuff as you can see here http://cliq.im/youtube

But I also cannot afford to stuff around with music, so I am going to be recommending other options in the future, but largely, this puts my yearly subscription in question as i liked the music I was getting and used a piece from the latest offering that was flagged.

Cyberlink, you need to find a better solution, maybe we register our channels with Adv or we simply unsubscribe from your music offerings and then you need to post that you cannot offer safe music.

If you have 30 days to wait for a dispute, you are lucky, it takes up to 3 hours to upload a single video in Australia and I don't have time to try and try again until it works without a copyright notice.

Thanks for your brilliant program, but extremely upset I have to redo an 1hour long video vlog because your music got me off side with YouTube.

I agree completely. This is the first software I ever subscribed to, and if I cannot use it without the headache, I will not renew it. CyberLink needs to figure something out. I know YouTube is out of their control, but most of the their PowerDirector customers probably upload to YT. I came here looking to see if the music was safe to post, and am not at all pleased with what I have read. I will try it and see... but I have no patience for messing around with YT - and risking my channek. And as a subscriber of 365 - we should not have to!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2019 07:39

ynotfish
[Post New]
Thread continued in PDR18/365 forum - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80455.page