Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best still photo format
albertS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2011 15:16 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Jim how do you link your use of cinepak(sp) and WPanorama?
You lost me somewhere there!

Albert Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Sorry bout that got my programs confused. I created a short panoramic experimenting then output but, when working with it PhotoPaintX3 opened the avi file and I resaved from PhotoPaint using the avi options within in that...my apologies..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Pano team -

After processing a few through WPanorama, trying to get the parameters right for the best output, I imported one of the still images into PD to apply motion in PiP Designer (as Adrian was suggesting up there somewhere).

After producing it to the same format as I has been using the WPanorama clips, I put two versions of the image pan into PD for comparison.

Top clip - using WPanorama clips (with *CPLV applied to set AR)
Bottom clip - image in PiP Designer

I think the use of *CLPV might account for some of the differences, which were even more obvious when I mixed the two like a 2-camera shoot.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
When I view the clips on my computer at the 720HD, the bottom video the 'shadows' area aren't as dark which I prefer, the top video seems darker in shadow areas.
Jim
P.s. Nice work Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

I think you will see even more difference if you use an elongated panorama photo of say 19,200 x 1,080. That's where PD bugs as it will shrink the whole picture so the 19,200 becomes 1,920 (FullHD) hence bringing down the 1,080 to a mere 108. This, in turn, will bring the definition down 100 folds! Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Albert -

You couldn't be more correct about the impact on resolution!

All that processing was/is NOT a good thing to do to an image. In fact, if you look at the steps taken in the attachment, you could have me charged with pixel abuse!

Cheers - Tony

[Thumb - ImageResolution.png]
 Filename
ImageResolution.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2315 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
388 time(s)

albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see, Tony, that your attitude towards pictures is not very likeable!;
This being said, I don't understand the second picture evolution. You start with a 15,674 x 2,911 picture, the ratio being about 5.38. Once through APanorama it measures 1,904 x 927 with a ratio of 2.05 which is not even close to the Full HD ratio of 1.7777!
That does not make any sense! What is the idea behind all this torturing?
Did you purposely cut off some sides of the panorama picture and if so, what is the need to do a large panorama picture to start with and destroy it later?
A bit of an explanation is required, my friend!

ynotfish
[Post New]
Ah Albert -

I DO have a lot to answer for...

Yes - I didn't explain that properly. When the image is processed through WPanorama, a series of AVIs is created... each clip is butted against the others to create the pan.

Sorry, sir. It won't happen again.

Cheers - Tony
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now that's better, Mister Tony! But... ;
... since all avi's are contiguous -no overlap- can you explain the ratio discrepancy between your hi-res panorama picture of Lake Placid (!) and the final product?

Let me guess. You did not check the size of the last .avi which, most likely, is smaller than the other ones and your approximate calculation gives approximate results! Ain't I right? ;

Second question: how did you manage to get 927 in height
when I get only 715? How did you change the parameters in WPanorama?

Ciao. I'll see your answer tomorrow morning as it's TV time and bed time here in the East.

Albert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2011 19:38

Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
If you want to make your panoramas from a video Microsoft has a new free program called ICE which also does normal panoramas from stills is pretty good even with hand held whilst flying a hang glider.
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ICE/
Check out this video at 1min 44sec.

and for a video pan check this video at the 4minute mark. the video pan needed some work on the horizon in Photoshop to take out a few bumps. Still pretty good I think for a one handed video taken from a moving hang glider.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2011 19:54

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Robert! I have been using it but it does not solve our curret issue. Too bad!

ynotfish
[Post New]
You're correct again Albert!

The last clip was 10 seconds, while the rest were 16. I shouldn't have multiplied by 8. It should have been 7.625, making the answer 14518x927.

Unchecking the sizes options allows you to enter your selected resolution.

Hi Robert - you've come in out of the cold! Nice pano work!

Cheers - Tony
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi!

I am getting all confused with WPanorama settings. I did exactly what you showed and the result is far from acceptable. The end dimension is 1272 x 830, aspect ratio 3:2! Find the error!

I haven't received an answer from the programme author yet. I'll keep you posted.

Another question is relative to the choice of NTSC vs Pal. I tried to change the show length from 40 ms (25f/s) to 32ms to approach the 31 f/s close to the NTSC standard. Does that make any sense?

Thanks for your answers, Tony.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
AlbertS wrote:
Another question is relative to the choice of NTSC vs Pal. I tried to change the show length from 40 ms (25f/s) to 32ms to approach the 31 f/s close to the NTSC standard. Does that make any sense?

The Milliseconds for NTSC is 33.36667 ms if exact. That is a 29.97 Hz frame rate. I think 33 Ms would be OK. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
You are right Carl: 29,97 f/s. I knew but I messed up when I tried to figure how to deal with the settings in WPanorama.

Thanks,

Albert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2011 16:21

Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem is solved by using PTE to create a video from a panoramic photo.

Sorry for the deviation from the original subject. A new subject should have been created. My apologies.

As for the programme WPanorama, the avi is created from screen readings and therefore the definition is the screen definition and not the original image's one. So: exit WPanorama.