Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Source Error: A front-end graph streaming error occured
SpiffPeters007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2010 13:40 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Tried the Unlocker. Files not showing to be locked.

Started a brand new project. Brought in the .avi clips, no problem. apparently does not like .mov files in 640x480 resolution. The .avi files are also in 640x480 resolution but does not create a problem. Stumped.

(Sony Vaio laptop - Win7 Pro - Intel duo core - GMA 4500 )

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 06. 2010 00:04

SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I think we should hear something from CL on this one, as they create the error message and should be able to decode it. I just hate messages like this, which mean a lot to the software designer, but nothing to the user. If, as I suspect, it is an error associated with something on input, they should be able to say which input component is in error - it could be one of their MemoryBox files for example - a project has so many hidden components as well as those we include in a project.

I tried the error message in Google, to see if it was PD just passing up an error message from MS or a codec, and found it is unique to CL and has been in use and confused people before.

IMHO it would be nice to have an FAQ database of known errors describing what can give rise to them, otherwise one is always reinventing the wheel.

i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
SpiffPeters007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2010 13:40 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I converted my .mov files to .avi files via a separate program. I was able to get the project to run mostly error free. I did get the message once after replacing the .mov files with .avi version, but none after that one instance. I was able process the project into a file and upload it onto Facebook with any problems.

I did not convert all the .mov files in the project, just two. And those two .mov I had originally split and slowed down, or added an effect/transition. The other .mov files were either just split or shortened (no effects or speed changes) and did not generate errors.

I suspect that something about the Power Tools or Effects corrupted the .mov source file. The .avi files received the same edits and effects/transitions without generating the error.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I do agree that the message could be a little more intuitive. And a searchable DB would be helpful. Or even just a log file that can be upload to CL.