Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Found a way to catalog Disc Library
CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I have found an easy way to display my library of bluray discs:

1. First, create a Folder on C drive named "Bluray Disc Library" (c:/Bluray Disc Library/)
2. For each disc create a subfolder with the Title Name
3. Using your web browser, go to IMDB
4. Type in the title name and select the correct one. Notice the Cover Art is displayed on left side at the top.
5. Right click on cover art and "Save image as" .. replace the long name with the title name (e.g., "Red.jpg")
6. Save the image in the subfolder from step 2 above.
7. Repeat this for each disc. I got things organized to where I could do 2 discs per minute

In Power DVD 14, select My Computer on left panel, then select C drive. You should now see the folder Bluray Disc Library. If you double click this folder you will now see all of your discs with cover art displayed. You can use this scheme on any drive and create as many folders and subfolders as you want (e.g., Bluray Movies, DVD Movies, TV Shows, etc).

To further enhance this, for movies with multiple discs, simply create a master folder (e.g., Star Wars) and then enter the cover art for each disc (title.jpg) into the same folder. For example, with Star Wars you end up with 6 jpg files in the Star Wars folder. When you double click on the Star Wars folder in PDVD you will see all 6 titles.

Another enhancement is to include the date of the movie in the cover art (jpg) name. e.g., Jurassic Park (2009) This will then sort the cover art and show the date. Obviously you can include a drawer # or sequence # or any other scheme in the name in order to make it easier to find the disc.

It would be nice if PDVD included something like this which would integrate it into the movie library, maybe PDVD 15 will do this. Ideally what we want PDVD 15 to do is if there is a jpg file in the folder then it should use that and not try to find it online. This way all that work done here to build these folders and save the cover art can be easily integrated into the movie library. For example, if when scanning the Bluray Disc Library folder, for each folder that does not contain a movie but does contain a jpg file then the movie would be flagged as offline.

I tried using external movie library managers but then I had to run two programs .. I wanted to keep it simple by including all the titles under PDVD.