Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are the files in the Media Library?
Ronk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 06, 2011 17:35 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
In PowerDirector 12, when you import a video file from an external hard drive into the Media Library, is a copy of the file brought into someplace, or instead, when you edit in the project, is the file worked on in it's original position on the external hard drive? The same question if the file was originally on the C drive and you import it into the Media Library from the C drive, is a copy of the file placed somewhere within PowerDirector for editing purposes?
[Post New]
Quote: In PowerDirector 12, when you import a video file from an external hard drive into the Media Library, is a copy of the file brought into someplace, or instead, when you edit in the project, is the file worked on in it's original position on the external hard drive? The same question if the file was originally on the C drive and you import it into the Media Library from the C drive, is a copy of the file placed somewhere within PowerDirector for editing purposes?

I understand that PD12 does not copy files that are shown in the library media room, there is only the link's (shortcuts) to drive the source file.
It is recommended that you copy files on external drive into the internal HD on PC AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Ronk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much.
I am considering purchasing a SSD. I could put the source video files there since they will not be copied somewhere else by PD. I wonder what else that PD uses could be put onto the SSD to maximize speed so the HD content will play very smoothly on the preview screen while editing, for example. My projects are 1080p/60.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
You may find these links helpful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0
Ronk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much.
Ronk [Avatar]
[Post New]

Those are great tutorials. Thanks for showing me. I will use them and will place my temporary working folder on the SSD and will also set it as my export folder. I think having all of that on the SSD will make PD really fly.